I put a rear bumper on my 2020 and it blocks some of the view of the camera
on the screen
so can you tell me is there a plug'n play wire extension you can get
Anybody have a video or photos of this being done that can help me out
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem. I just installed the Polaris HD rear brush guard and now it blocks half of the camera picture.

At least it matches the half-blocked front camera from the Polaris front brush guard...

Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Following. As I have the same issue. I checked at my dealer to see if there was any kit from Polaris and there is not.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
267 Posts
Same issue here. I bought the Polaris rear bumper because I thought they would have figured this would happen. Well you can’t see shit all I’ve seen one mounted at the top of the cab on the rear.
Following for a solution too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m thinking about unbolting the camera an putting a couple 1” spacers and longer bolts to drop it down some. I messed with it a couple weeks ago, and it looks like that might help some.

BTW, the Polaris front brush guard cross bar does the same things or the front camera. Frustrating...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased the Thumper Fab bumper and the camera and bracket mounts perfectly on the bottom of the bumper where only the camera portion is exposed. It is very protected there and you can actually use the cable that is already in place. i did purchase the extension but its not deeded now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I already have a front bumper like that with the winch.. was wanting more of a brush guard above the winch to protect headlights etc..

Thanks for the info !

·
Registered
2 Posts
New guy to the SXS's but I didnt like my camera placement either so I relocated it to the tail gate. Much better view. I just had an extension wire made to plug it in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased the Thumper Fab bumper and the camera and bracket mounts perfectly on the bottom of the bumper where only the camera portion is exposed. It is very protected there and you can actually use the cable that is already in place. i did purchase the extension but its not deeded now.
Do you have any pics of the relocation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
What is nice about this mount is I used the oem bracket so it still looks down at the rear tires yet you can see back behind you up about 3 feet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts