Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
you have some nice mods ,i might have to copy some of them.
can you tell me what size tire you are running in the front ,and if you have rubbing issues ?
also if you have any lift ,how much?

thanks joe

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the swamp lites 29.5 on 12x10 Vision wheels. I have a 2" lift, 2" offset a-arms, and a set of 1" spacers. However the spacers I never used. I might put them on from time to time at ORV parks when the trails are wide, but I don't need it to be wider than it is where I ride. The only time it rubs is when I hit a bump while turning and it rubs my fender protector. Without those 1 3/4 tubing it would not rub.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the 2 mounting points at the hinges for the bed. Then I made some allthread tabs: piece of flat plate with allthread welded to one side of it. I stuck that through the hole for the lock-n-ride and ran the allthread through a mounting tab on the bumper. I wanted the bumper to move with the bed. This is the only way I could see to make it work and still protect everything. My wife has backed into a tree and it let her know the tree was there :2funny: . However it protected everything. If it is a direct hit from the rear then the main frame would take the punch. I was thinking of making another one with a different design with a foot hole so you could climb into the bed.

Josh

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks good!! am thinking about adding the factory bumper, but do a drop down, similar to yours, but leave it open, and add 2 back-up lights in the drop down!!!! the better half wants to know why we need a rear bumper.....I told her in case we back into a tree!!!! i'll have to let here read your post ;D

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thats a nice looking rig Josh.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks,

We was looking to the left cause there was a guy stuck on a 4 wheeler. My wave rocked him lose and he was able to get out.
It was very funny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts