Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the forum, thought id show yall what i got:

my ranger (totally stock but the roof :)) i think im about to get polaris steel cab and im thinkin about fabbin up a light bar for some fogs

this is the trailer i made from scratch this summer, tons of goodies on there that make it totally unique. still in the process of finishing it up

and heres my real baby :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE those horse shoe tie downs..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya the horse shoes set it off lol im very pleased with it. i learned to weld on it and the project was great fun. i used plans that made a trailer HD enough to carry a lawn mower, but every peice of steel is thicker and i have reinforcements everywhere so i can carry my dads tractor

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome and nice trailer, I need to come up with a tail gate for mine. Do you have any pics of how you hinged the tail gate??????

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Great trailer and very similar to the one a buddy and I built for my RZR. He was the designer and welder and we did it heavy just like you.

I think if I had one part to do over on it it would be the top rail cap. Mine is exactly like yours and I wish I had made the tops from round 1 1/2" heavy wall tube instead of the angle. I have to be very carefull when I use ratchet straps for tie downs because that top cap will wear right through the straps in a short time.

I was doing around 70 MPH and saw in the rearview one of the straps flying loose. Stoped to check and it had cut right through the 2" strap and left the RZR hanging in by only the winch cable up front.

Yours looks great but just watch if you use straps over the top cap.

Gary

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice rig!! like the horseshoe tie downs myself! a trick I did on my new trlr, was to take some 1/4"nylon coated steel cable, and attached a loop on one end, and secured it to the back corner of the trlr, by the ramp...then measured it, and put a loop in the other end...this way, I can run the cable thru the expanded metal and lock it back in the other loop, with a padlock.....if ya leave your rig on the trlr overnight or outside, it might not stop a thief, but it'll slow him down some!!!!!!

Locks only keep Honest people Honest!!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GRAZOR said:
Great trailer and very similar to the one a buddy and I built for my RZR. He was the designer and welder and we did it heavy just like you.

I think if I had one part to do over on it it would be the top rail cap. Mine is exactly like yours and I wish I had made the tops from round 1 1/2" heavy wall tube instead of the angle. I have to be very carefull when I use ratchet straps for tie downs because that top cap will wear right through the straps in a short time.

I was doing around 70 MPH and saw in the rearview one of the straps flying loose. Stoped to check and it had cut right through the 2" strap and left the RZR hanging in by only the winch cable up front.

Gary
thats what the horseshoes are for :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
GRAZOR said:

GRAZOR.........

On my 360 Bayou wheeler, I'd strap it down, and look back to see a strap flappin.........the suspension would bounce on a big bump, and come unhooked...I went to the hardware store and bought some big 'Snap Links",...like caribiners....lets' ya hook the link in the eye of the strap(hook), and then found some 1 inch nylon straps at Wal-Mart, with loops in em...I put them around the rack/handles bars, and then another snap link on that end too........no more straps bouncing loose!!! Also, was at a Buddies shop one day, and he had some brackets, that came out from under a Nissan or something...they use em when they haul the cars to the dealler. where the chain/binder go in........he gave em to me, and I bolted them to the floor of my trailer.....on the edge, out of the way, and it is bolted thru the frame of the trailer..anyway, I use a big snap link in the safety chain holes (one on each side, by the Rangers receiver hitch) and go to these brakets with a chain and binder on each side.........that lets me wrap the extra chain around the binder and padlock it...gives some piece of mind , when the rig is on the trailer and I'm not home or asleep in a motel, when on a ride!!!!!!

Gary

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice looking outfit, I love the Truck..

Mark

·
Registered
269 Posts
Any reason you went with a wood floor on the trailer instead of the expanded metal that you used on the trailer ramp????? I replaced the floor of a small trailer I have with an oak floor. It increased the weight of the trailer by a lot. So the Ranger trailer I'm working on I was going to use the expanded metal for the trailer floor also. I thought it might keep the trailer weight down.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no im not sure why i did wood floor instead of expanded metal. seems like the expanded metal would bend down between the cross peices of the trailer floor though. adding supports to prevent this would add more wieght. i think wood looks better than expanded metal wood anyways

1 - 14 of 14 Posts