Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I added a profile on myspace. It is amazing what the search engines pulls from there so it might help to draw a few members. Here is the link if you want to be added as a friend. http://www.myspace.com/polarisrangerforum

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Just a word of caution with this.

I have never been on Myspace but where my wife works they had to completely block that site from every computer in the place due to hacking and virus warnings.

I don't have a clue how any of this stuff works but apparently when they went to myspace, a few days later every computer in the place started getting all the emails from the XXX rated places and they traced it down to only computers that had been to myspace. Then it began infecting the other computers in the place that had never been there but were communicating between the others.

My wife had never been there and never got any of those junk emails for the sex stuff and when she went to work on monday she had 112 sexually explicit emails in her inbox.

IT came in, shut down both of the main servers and wiped them all clean. If anyone in her office even goes to myspace they will be immediately fired on the spot, no questions asked!

Gary

·
Registered
507 Posts
Maybe that is where alot of the garbage comes from on my home PC. The kids are always on that site. Although I do watch what they have on their myspace site, I seen some things that are rather disturbing.

One of the reasons I bought a laptop and only the wife and I have access to that.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right there is a lot of junk that gets sent through due to myspace. I do have some of the best virus protection and have had myspace for about 3 years now. Decided to make another just for the forum. I do get a lot of messages wanting me to go to xxx sites but I delete all those. Maybe about 8 a week comes through. Good heads up.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Don't mind me guys, I'm a nut case about this garbage. Almost all of my close friends already know how I am.

When anyone sends me a forwarded message with all the addresses of all who have received it in the past I immediately dump it. I think it should be a rule that the only address that should be forwarded is the one from who ever sends it.

These hackers and PFishers look for the emails with 20 or 30 addresses attached and that is how it all gets started.

In my opinion there ought to be a DO NOT email order and severe penalties for all who violate it.

I even get solicitation phone calls on my cell phone and I never give that number to anyone but close friends and family. I don't even know how these idiots can even get my cell number.

Gary

·
Registered
507 Posts
When I send or forward emails, I always delete who I got it from and use the BCC or blind carbon copy. That way the email recipients cannot see who I sent it to.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Lot's of good reading, I think I'll just lay back and watch..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts