Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to wire in my rigid lights to my pulse bar and am struggling. I have the switch guys lower dependent switch. Does anybody have a wiring diagram that can help me out...electrical and I don't really get along.

Thank you

·
Registered
73 Posts
Switch
pin 7 and 8 wire to ground on pulse plug
pin 3 wire to relay trigger (pin85)
pin 2 and 6 wire to ignition 12V on pulse plug

Relay
pin 86 wire to ground on pulse plug
pin 85 wire to switch pin 3
pin 30 wire to batt 12V on pulse plug
pin 87 wire to rigid light positive

If you have the rigid wiring harness and just want to connect using it. You are going to have to hack it up a bit to get it to work correctly.

If wired as above you will only be able to use the lights with the ignition on, if you want to be able to use the lights even with the ignition off, the connections will need to change a bit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Switch
pin 7 and 8 wire to ground on pulse plug
pin 3 wire to relay trigger (pin85)
pin 2 and 6 wire to ignition 12V on pulse plug

Relay
pin 86 wire to ground on pulse plug
pin 85 wire to switch pin 3
pin 30 wire to batt 12V on pulse plug
pin 87 wire to rigid light positive

If you have the rigid wiring harness and just want to connect using it. You are going to have to hack it up a bit to get it to work correctly.

If wired as above you will only be able to use the lights with the ignition on, if you want to be able to use the lights even with the ignition off, the connections will need to change a bit.
Thank you. All wiring diagrams are exactly what you have said, but my switch only has 4 pins on the back 10, 9, 4, 2. That's where I am having issues.
Thank you for the reply

·
Registered
73 Posts
Where did you get the switch? Does it have a schematic with it? Do you have the tools needed (DMM or noid light) to physically test the switch?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok on that do the following

pin 4 to relay trigger (pin 85)
pin 2 and 10 to ignition 12V
pin 9 to ground

Again, this will only allow the lights to work when the key is on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts