Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a 6x12 trailer for my ranger. I have been all over Monroe, La, and I have come to the conclusion that the Trailer salesmen in town are all CRAZY :idiot2: :idiot2: They are all asking 1195 - 1200 for a cheap made angle iron trailer :tickedoff: :tickedoff:. I did find a well made Pipe Trailer in Bastrop,LA for 1200, so I decided to look for a used one before I go and drop 1200 on one. Please let me know if you or someone you know has one for sell.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My best trailers have all been back yard welder made by guys who have the know how and equipment to do them right.

The one I have right now, 5' X 9' fits the RZR perfectly and is rated for over 3500 pounds.

I'm not sure you will find a very well made one in that size and price range but don't overlook the back yard builders. Just be sure you drag it a few miles to make sure it tracks and rides right.

·
Registered
45 Posts
any one need trailers in the la and south texas area i can hook u up my family owns bigtex trailers of sulphur la call me at 337 794 7110 chad

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a trailer for my Ranger and it is very , very, heavy. It is solid steel bed with steel side rails. Are you guys using single axle trailers?

I was thinking about getting a lighter new unit to haul on. Will a single axe be enough to get the job done safely?

·
Registered
345 Posts
A single axle will be fine for just the Ranger. It weighs just under 1200 lbs and the single axle trailers are usually built with a 3500 lb axle. Lynerd, just for your reference, I just sold a trailer the size you are looking for, but just so you know what is out there, I paid $1000 new for it a few years ago and sold it for $800. It had square tubing for the top rail and a wood floor. It was very well built, but I needed a longer trailer to haul all the toys! I settled with a cheaper built trailer to save a little money, but I miss my 6x12.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My advice is to find a single axel 3500 pound with real wheels and tires. I have no use for any of these so called snowmobile trailers that have the tiny little wheels and tires.
I would not own a trailer that had less then 13" tires and much prefer the ones with 15".

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CMDEPDOG said:
any one need trailers in the la and south texas area i can hook u up my family owns bigtex trailers of sulphur la call me at 337 794 7110 chad
Thanks for the invite, I will be giving you a call Sunday or Monday. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I am discussing sponsorship with CMDEPDOG and I haveheard of there trailers and seen some of the larger trailers on the road before. They are well built.

Josh

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a 2004 6.5x12 short rear ramp, with side loader cut out. 15" new tires, 3500# 700.00 but you have to come and get it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That sounds like a great deal! I know where you are but most others can't see it because your location is not in your profile.

I have a great Wells Cargo 14' x 7' enclosed trailer I use for my carpentry business. It would be perfect for the RZR except the rear opening is too low to get the RZR in it. My original plan was to store the RZR there durring the winter when I have very little work but I never gave a thought to the height. :'(

·
Registered
345 Posts
Grazor, I had the same height clearance problem with my shed AFTER the new ranger came home. Now my garage is packed!

·
Registered
167 Posts
i made my own 5x10 for about that price once i added a bunch of stuff to it. a little pricey for a small trailer but it was def worth it. its a lot more heavy duty than any 5x10 that youll buy and it will last much longer

·
Registered
507 Posts
About 3 years ago, I was going to build an 8 X 16 tandem axle trailer. I ended up finding one for $1500. Once I priced out everything I needed to build one, I decided I could not build one for $1500. 2 - 3500# torsion axles with brakes alone were around $800. Not to mention the price of steel has more than doubled in the last few years.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bigdog800efi said:
I have a 2004 6.5x12 short rear ramp, with side loader cut out. 15" new tires, 3500# 700.00 but you have to come and get it.

How would you trade for a 5 x 10 utility

Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts