Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have thought about it. Looks like it is a pretty straight-forward install. What exactly are the benefits? Smoother shifting, but no change in HP or top seed, correct? Where is the best place to purchase one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have thought about it. Looks like it is a pretty straight-forward install. What exactly are the benefits? Smoother shifting, but no change in HP or top seed, correct? Where is the best place to purchase one?
Real easy install, with detailed instructions. Big thing for me is the smooth transition from a parked position to moving forward or backing up. No jerky take offs or slamming into the trailer when trying to back up to it. The engine braking would be my second favorite benefit. I remember driving the old 700 ranger down a steep hill and it wanting to take off on you like a rocket ship. I hated that. The third thing is the peace of mind that when I am stopped, and leave the machine idling there, my clutch is not spinning on my belt. Causing wear on sheaves, bushing and heating my belt up. Little things over all add up to longevity of the clutch, belt and you pocket book.
clutch cut away.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I've already added a glass windshield, rear panel, wiper, USB charger, LED headlights, and front rack. I still wanna add some lighting, bed mat, and seat covers. Probably doors if I draw a late season tag this year. The winter prep package is money!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha ha, the heater works great and the defroster works better. My kid puts his coat sleeve against the vent and it blows up his coat with hot air. Doors coming soon I hope. Probebly go with the canvas ones since the hard doors are super expensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome thats what I like to hear. I am about to pull the trigger on a crew winter prep package but I was worried without doors I wouldnt even be able to feel the heat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love the machine! If you ever look to add a lift checkout Marshall Motoart lift kits. You can call this company anytime with questions of all kinds. They know these machines! Safe riding!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts