Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2011 6x6 800. Well used but in pretty good shape. Came with a radiator relocate, high clearance +2 front A-arms, 27” xtr’s, full front wind shield, and a floor mount and roof mound gun racks. About 2500 mi, previous owner says Theres no oil consumption until climbing long steap hills with a heavy load. Sounds like it has a little more life in it but will need piston and rings in the near future. Is my assumption correct or is this some what common. This is my first Polaris, so I’m trying to get a feel for it from experience. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Depends on how it was treated...

by the previous owner. That is crucial to your question. Many engines will burn a little oil when under heavy loads, so it may not mean anything. Keep an eye on the oil level and use the correct oil and lubricants. Follow manufacturer's instructions and recommendations; it's the best you can do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definatly a leak down test, and see where we stand there. The previous owner is an old time buddy, so I trust that he believes what he’s telling me... lol. What are you guys running for axles, and is it worth it to install a lift. It’s already on 27’s. And has the high clearance arms in the front. Is there a good source for aftermarket parts for these?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts