Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member from Mesa, AZ. After riding in a ranger crew during a coues deer hunt, I decided I needed one more than our Rzr 900. Sold the Rzr and ordered a new 2021 XP1000 crew at end of February and took delivery the beginning of April. Ive been trolling the threads gathering information and learning different mods. Really looking forward to putting lots of miles on it down the road.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really liked the Fortress doors that they have used but I emailed Fortress 3x times and never got an email response. I did however get in contact with a friendly distributor (Diesel Freak) and was told they were almost 2 months out for orders. I opted to go with a set of Dragonfire doors since they are local to me and I found a set in town.

·
Registered
10 Posts
arizonian... have xp1000 crew and curious about your dragon doors. how do you like them? did you install them? looking for a few changes? what else have you done?, thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
arizonian... have xp1000 crew and curious about your dragon doors. how do you like them? did you install them? looking for a few changes? what else have you done?, thanks
I did install them myself and so far I really like them. I just purchased them earlier this week so I have not had a chance to take them on a ride yet but my first impressions are they are nice. Install was very straight forward and much easier than the Pure Polaris doors I installed on my rzr 900. Total install time was 3-1/2 hours but that included dinner and taking my time overall. The reason I went with the doors is I was used to having them on our old rzr and I snagged the drivers net on the trailer literally unloading the ranger for the very first time from the dealer. I have a little one so I felt like I needed something to safely keep passengers inside but I couldn't get the nets off fast enough. I need to get an updated picture after the door install, but the picture below is half way through installing the doors.

64126906289__D74FE4F5-68BF-4FBA-AD19-59438407DF49.jpg

One of the first things I purchased was a Super ATV clear tinted roof which I have mixed feelings about. I wanted to be able to see out which I think is cool but my roof is not tinted as much as their pictures leads you to believe. Time will tell but if it doesn't block enough sun, I may tint it or get a different roof all together. I also ordered a rear window net as I wanted fresh air to be able to blow through but I wanted to shade the rear passengers. I also didn't want to have to clean a glass rear window. I got it on amazon and I think it cost $54?

IMG_7812.jpg

I also put on a bed rack from Maverick. The ranger we used on a coues deer hunt had a similar one and it was nice to put an ice chest or tool chest on and still use the bed underneath for our hunting packs, spare tire etc.

For mirrors, I first bought some generic (chupacabra brand?) ones from amazon but I was very unhappy with the quality and mounting options so I returned them and ordered Seizmik mirrors as well as set of the General brackets. The General brackets are not designed for our Rangers but I like how they move the mirrors back ~3" to provide a much better range of view. The only problem is you have to find a way to mount them to the pro-fit roll cage. Coming from a machine shop background I wasn't afraid to carefully drill and tap the cage but I can see how that might be intimidating for most people.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
great pics and nice work. i'll have to get pics of mine and post them. btw send pics of your bed rack when you can.. thanks alot
I took some pictures of the Maverick bed rack Friday night. I was looking at it, trying to figure out where/ how to mount my spare tire.

IMG_7966.jpg

I drilled another set of holes in the side brackets to drop the rack down ~3". This allowed me to see a bit over the ice chest through the rear view mirror and although a non-issue, it lowered the center of gravity whatever small amount.

IMG_7967.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Saturday I brainstormed on how to modify the rack to give the spare tire a solid mount. I wanted a solution that wasn't just laying in the bed of the ranger taking up space. I also wanted to keep the top of the spare tire below the level of the roof so that it would fit into an enclosed trailer. I ended up shortening the width to fit the ice chest and action packer. Then I used left over rack parts and a piece of 2"x3" angle iron to make the tire mount. Sorry in advance for the foggy crap camera phone pictures.

64169380173__0B92358F-FC2C-4B19-BD3C-130A3C60A9DD.jpg

64169516119__42B18808-9732-44D8-8F9D-F89C54EF2D84.fullsizerender.jpg

IMG_7983.jpg

IMG_7985.jpg

IMG_7978.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice work on the rack you defiantly improved it. Where did you get your spare tire & wheel?
It’s the left over spare tire from my Rzr 900. I’m pretty sure it’s a 14HD303 part number according to the sticker. I had to buy an extra after a stone flipped up and got jammed inside the wheel going down a forest road. It blew the inside of the wheel out. I’ve never had anything like it happen before.

6828E9D4-CB20-4277-A462-CC81EE7477B0.jpeg

2CECD53B-AEB6-465E-A528-D498A6DE79B0.jpeg

4963AB2A-ED55-46BD-830F-BD49D1A32D41.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 XP 1000 Crew, Dragonfire doors, Super ATV Tune, Assult light bar/cubes,custom rack, Zbroz Shox
11 Posts
Nice looking setup! The Dragonfire doors are awesome, they just start to rattle a bit after a while. I pulled the skins off and lined them with vibration/ foam tape from Amazon and are quieter than new. Nice job on the rack!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice setup. I would buy skid plates for the entire underside and A arms. That’s saved my but on more then one occasion. Also fabricated a small trailer that I use to haul gas, water and ice chest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dragonfly doors look good but they cost a lot of money And there are problems with them. If you’re interested in hunting it’s not about how you look but what you produce, there a lot of other things you could spend your money on that will improve you’re hunting Success. I would recommend good LED lights both front and backup. Also if GillOman makes an ECU flash with clutch kit for your Ranger that will improve your performance. For the price of the doors you may be able to get the skid plates and the ECU/Clutch.

Just saying...good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts