Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Josh. I'm currently in Baghdad with a 05 6X6 500. I just got it running again and this toy is awesome! This is my first time messing around with these kinds of toys so bear with me and my questions. Here is a link to some of my pics http://polarisrangerforum.com/index.php?topic=793.0.

I just put some new front tires on it today, the old ones were mounted wrong (directionally) and bald. That bead was a nightmare to break so out came the sawzall. Lol!! I will be taking more pics and posting more threads along the way with all the mods I plan on doing. Everything I'm going to do has to be free mods because when I re-deploy home, the ranger will not be going with me unfortunatly.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hi Josh and glad you found your way here.

THANK YOU AND ALL YOUR BUDDIES FOR DOING OUR DIRTY WORK! O0 :knuppel2:

Nice to see you have some toys over there and I hope when you get back home that Polaris has left a lasting impression with you. I know what you mean about the guys before you beating the snott out of it with little or no attention. Too bad for that but the Ranger can take quite a licking and keep on ticking with just a minimum of upkeep.

Just wondering if in your travels have you seen any of the Polaris full military issue machines? I think they are mainly special forces issued but have heard a few mention how well they perform under extreme conditions.
I think there are a few pics somewhere here of them.

I was about to mention, regarding the problems you were having with your machine, to spray the coil and plug wires with some WD 40 to see if you something bad going on there. Glad you located the culprit and seem to have it fixed.

Please remember to "CYA" and get back home so you can make some rides with us here.

Gary

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for your service, I remember in the early 80's we had some toys over in the Sinai, makes me wonder now what they were.
Stay safe and keep us posted.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
477 Posts
Josh, it ain't often I get to thank someone first hand for the job they are doing for our country. I salute you to the max, sir!! Thank you and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Great Job and hope this site gives you some enjoyment also. Glad to have you here, stay safe and may god bless you.

Josh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I was in the 101st. also, 2000-2004. Now I'm in the reserves. This is my third time here, and it seems like nothing changes. Hot, sandy and boom. Lol!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It sure would be nice to hear some opinions from you guys over there as to weather or not we are doing any good by staying.

Politics aside, I have to wonder if our efforts are appreciated by the people and if they will ever get their heads out of the sand.

Gary

·
Registered
452 Posts
i got 3 of my buddies over there right now and its there 3rd time also.they all said the same thing as u did that nothing has changed.good luck to u and come home safe.

Heath

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome Josh,

Thank you for your service and all that you do for us here. We support you in every way.

When you are not serving our Country were are you from?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts