Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Polaris Ranger I love it. It’s all stock right now but I wanna put a lift on it an I’ve seen these rangers these people have done all this stuff to an I don’t know where to start like what’s the best way to do this. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Windshield and roof is a important to me,
That's usually my first. Winch is a great start. Light bars are pretty inexpensive off eBay, and put out massive light. Are u planning on hunting off it or trail riding or both?,
I put the 2 in lift on mine because it's a crew, got it up there pretty good and I think it was only 100.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I got a roof on it I gotta get a windshield an i want a light bar not real sure of a good place to put in on top or out in front . Should a 3500 lbs winch be sufficient???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would mainly be for trail riding but I do take it hunting. My hunting land is not far so I can ride it their ..... I’m in Alabama so we have ALOT of dirt roads an back county roads

·
Registered
39 Posts
I put a 4500 on mine because it being crew, would definitely put 2in lift being a crew, cause mine use to drag in middle a good bit, the lift took care of that., Think my light bar is 44in. And mounted perfectly on both front post.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking a 2 inch lift with 27” tires an I looked at eBay an found a 24 “ light bar was worried about if I put it on top a limb might hit it an if I put it on the hood will it shake too much

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mines mounted right under roof knock tree limbs around all the time with it, no problems, it took a beating at Hatfield McCoys last month cause the snow had the tree limbs pulled down.
Seen u was from Lafayette AL. Got any good trails out that way. I'm from GA so we not along ways apart. U ever rode at Durhamtown plantation, it's a big one here in GA.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No most trails I ride is on hunting land we have a 300 acre farm an there’s roads all over the place but there are places in Auburn to ride trails an it’s also got a mud park it’s called bogging on the plains I haven’t been to places like that yea my buggy probably won’t handle most of it but maybe this summer when I get a few things done to it I may take the family an go check it out .... since you said the 44” light bar I found one that’s like 90$ on eBay it’s a lamphus brand??? Ever heard of it ???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like that an I’m not sure how to turn off or on private messaging. Could you help me with that

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep, it's 44. You and your family plan a trip to Durhamtown sometime, we will meet u down and ride with y'all , 100miles of trails

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hard to explain, touch on your avatar picture, when it gets big click bottom right corner it looks like a face, then click top right, looks like a little gear or sprocket, scroll down and click on enable private messages, hope this helps

1 - 19 of 19 Posts