Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah I’m all in on this. Hope it’s under 20k but know it won’t be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wanted to be able to order a Ranger EV with lithium in 2020. Finally gave in and ordered one with FLA in January. "About 3 weeks" the dealer in NW Ga. said. Has not yet arrived. The Zero connection is very interesting but is the 2022 EV going to have lithium for sure?

·
Super Moderator
480 Posts
I am very certain that this new Ranger EV will be powered by Lithium batteries that is why the connection to Zero Motorcycles is so important. Several years ago Polaris bought Brammo Motorcycles then marketed a Lithium Ranger EV based on that technology. At that time, the PbA powered Ranger EV was base priced at around $12,000 while the Ranger EV based on the Brammo Li technology was $22,000. My guess is that Polaris will get the Ranger EV Li to market at between $20,000 and $25,000 which is really too bad because you can buy a Tesla Model 3 starting at MSRP $38,490. For the foreseeable future the least expensive Lithium based Ranger EV will be a used PbA powered one that is converted via the Voltronix Li conversion or some other conversion vendor.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am very certain that this new Ranger EV will be powered by Lithium batteries that is why the connection to Zero Motorcycles is so important. Several years ago Polaris bought Brammo Motorcycles then marketed a Lithium Ranger EV based on that technology. At that time, the PbA powered Ranger EV was base priced at around $12,000 while the Ranger EV based on the Brammo Li technology was $22,000. My guess is that Polaris will get the Ranger EV Li to market at between $20,000 and $25,000 which is really too bad because you can buy a Tesla Model 3 starting at MSRP $38,490. For the foreseeable future the least expensive Lithium based Ranger EV will be a used PbA powered one that is converted via the Voltronix Li conversion or some other conversion vendor.
I was just looking at the specification sheet for the 2022 Ranger EV - Here is what is says about the batteries -
Fuel System/Battery
Traditional Lead-Acid

·
Registered
887 Posts
I was just looking at the specification sheet for the 2022 Ranger EV - Here is what is says about the batteries -
Fuel System/Battery
Traditional Lead-Acid
That is the current model, not the new 2022 full-size model coming out in December.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah appears they will keep the midsize but add a full size option with Lithium packs. I’m sure eventually the midsize will go lithium as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts