Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome your going to love that rig, here's mine hard at work pulling that truck off a drop off he slid into..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cheers from Tampa Florida..............

Which reminds me I noticed some do not have their location on their profile. It is nice to see where people are located. If you have not put your location on your profile, I would suggest you add it.

Lynerd
07 xp 700 silver bullet

·
Registered
1 Posts
About to buy a Ranger. The dealer tells me they can be driven up a ramp into either a half ton Ford or Chrysler but my Silverado bed is too narrow. He says strap down and transport with the bed gate down. Anyone haul a Ranger like this or is it only the 50" wide RZR that can be hauled this way ? Paul

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
It could only be the RZR. the ranger is 5 foot wide and the length would be too long as well. There is no way I would try to put one of these in the back of a truck. Now there is a funny video of a guy trying to put a rhino into the back of a rental truck. He broke the rear windshield out.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hi Paul and welcome to the PRF site. You have the dubious distinction of being member #300 so please go to the new members section and give yourself an intro!

We also have sections for the area you are in and it is good to stop in there to say hi and maybe meet other guys & gals local to you.

As for your question here, I'm pretty sure you will have a problem with the Silverado being a bit too narrow but others with your machine or truck might jump in and make some suggestions.

I have an F-250 but it has the fiberglass hard cover so I trailer my rig anyway. I can't imagine either an RZR or full size Ranger fitting in the back of any pick up because my trailer is 5 X 9 and the RZR barely fits on it. With the optional Polaris 14" wheels the RZR is 54" wide and if you add front and/or rear bumpers then you increase the length quite a bit.

There are probably a few guys here who can quickly answer this question, How much is a new rear window for your truck????? :2funny:

Gary

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome number 300, all I'll say is I hauled my Razor in my 1ton full bed once and I'll never do it again, as for the ranger no way. I do love my trailers..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts