Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the add. Im glad to be here and im sure there is a wealth of knowledge here to get some help because im a first time owner and lost at the moment. This ranger was given to me but it does have life left. Will the vin number help me determine what size machine this is. It is a 2001 polaris ranger but thats all i know at this time. I want to replace the carb but want to be sure im ordering the correct one. I can see where the side of the carb is stamped but i cant quite make out all the numbers and letters. I will post picks and i hope someone will chime in and help me with what size this machine is( i think maybe a 500) and if someone could tell me which carb i need to order. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
247 Posts
They didn't make a 2001. They go 1999 2002 2004 and then they made them every year after that.

Go to babbits online and look at there parts fiche and see if you can match one up. Should have all the parts there to rebuild the one you have. DO NOT buy an ebay knock off. You'll never get it to run right. Get at least 1 or 2 a year who bought knock offs and wonder why they cant get them running right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts