Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Pending Pre-order 🙄
6 Posts
Winch first and foremost. IMO. And agree with the windshield as a second. Even on nice days, just the wind in your eyes is bothersome.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Winch, windshield, rear dust panel/window and roof. Also, fwiw, the windshield should have vents, fold down or out to allow
some cooler air in during the summers. Rear panel is pretty much a must once you have a windshield. Helps keep the dust down. Welcome to the forum (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rear view and side mirrors, light bar, rear work lights. Once you put a windshield and rear windshield in, they are a little tricky to see out the back when your reversing at night.

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
13 Posts
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Tire

Wood Gas Asphalt Urban design Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Locking hubs

Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hi I am new to the utv world and I will pick up my new Ranger 1000 the week after Christmas. Are there any must have accessories?
Must have depends on where you live and what you are gong to do with it...different for everyone. But for me, in order:
1. Winch (we ride trails and do work around our place and we sometimes get stuck or need to pull things out of the way)
2. Roof, windshield, rear window, cloth doors, heater (we live in MN and use it for late fall hunting, trail riding and the like...that heater is the bomb! I take the doors off in summer and cloth doors hang easily from the rafters)
3. Rear view mirror (we ride gravel roads and forest roads and you need to see who's behind you...side mirrors are of no help on the narrow trails we ride
4. Rear switched 12volt power outlet (used to run the pump on a tow-behind sprayer for food plots and weed control in fields)
5. Rock sliders, front bumper extension, rear bumper (protects the front and cloth doors on the tight trails we ride, and keeps me from messing my machine up when I back up)

Other, "non-must-haves" that I got anyway include wired corded, dash, and wireless remotes for the winch, overhead cab light, rear rack and gun rack, passenger side underseat storage compartment, trailer hitch, roof liner and cab soundproofing, seat belt speed limiter bypass module, rear LED cube lights

I also made a holder for my small iPad. I use it with the Avenza Maps app for my "no-cost to me" (I already had the iPad) Ride Command system, which also will work to hold my cell phone (Avenza Maps on that too) if I forget the iPad. It's great for showing where you are on the trail system, or anywhere, for that matter.
Plant Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Mode of transport
Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Locking hubs
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car
Wood Gas Asphalt Urban design Motor vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Tire

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
View attachment 26754
View attachment 26753
View attachment 26752
View attachment 26751
View attachment 26750

Must have depends on where you live and what you are gong to do with it...different for everyone. But for me, in order:
1. Winch (we ride trails and do work around our place and we sometimes get stuck or need to pull things out of the way)
2. Roof, windshield, rear window, cloth doors, heater (we live in MN and use it for late fall hunting, trail riding and the like...that heater is the bomb! I take the doors off in summer and cloth doors hang easily from the rafters)
3. Rear view mirror (we ride gravel roads and forest roads and you need to see who's behind you...side mirrors are of no help on the narrow trails we ride
4. Rear switched 12volt power outlet (used to run the pump on a tow-behind sprayer for food plots and weed control in fields)
5. Rock sliders, front bumper extension, rear bumper (protects the front and cloth doors on the tight trails we ride, and keeps me from messing my machine up when I back up)

Other, "non-must-haves" that I got anyway include wired corded, dash, and wireless remotes for the winch, overhead cab light, rear rack and gun rack, passenger side underseat storage compartment, trailer hitch, roof liner and cab soundproofing, seat belt speed limiter bypass module, rear LED cube lights

I also made a holder for my small iPad. I use it with the Avenza Maps app for my "no-cost to me" (I already had the iPad) Ride Command system, which also will work to hold my cell phone (Avenza Maps on that too) if I forget the iPad. It's great for showing where you are on the trail system, or anywhere, for that matter.
View attachment 26749 View attachment 26750 View attachment 26751 View attachment 26752 View attachment 26753 View attachment 26754

Good luck and have fun!
Good looking machine. Probably won’t go as nuts as you right away. Plan to use it around the land for chores and try to venture into the trails a bit but I am new to the world of trail riding so I want to be prepared as I don’t really have any buddies I. The area to call to help me.

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
13 Posts
Good looking machine. Probably won’t go as nuts as you right away. Plan to use it around the land for chores and try to venture into the trails a bit but I am new to the world of trail riding so I want to be prepared as I don’t really have any buddies I. The area to call to help me.
If you're going to do trail riding, the winch is a must. Also snatch block and long recovery strap wil save your winch line and a tree or two. Get a folding saw and bungee it up front under the "hood". That will come in handy when branches or trees have fallen across the trail. If you go where there's mud and water, bring waders (to test the depth before you cross) or at the very least knee-high muck boots. Find a buddy or two to ride with, it's way more fun getting un-stuck with more people to laugh at you! Enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's another first place vote for a windshield. The only way I'd skip one is if I rode with a full-face helmet. I don't so I didn't. EMP makes really nice ones:

The second thing I'd do is grab a Polaris rear view mirror from the dealer (heck, make 'em give you one if you're buying a brand new rig for full price!) otherwise:

And welcome to the forums!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts