Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ranger crew xp1000
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I look forward to getting stuff done so me and the family can get out to hills and enjoy it. Plus the kids will enjoy it I hope.

·
Registered
2014 Ranger Crew 800
30 Posts
I'm in NM too, and having a front windshield can make a huge difference in comfort for all. I'd recommend it as a first upgrade.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger crew xp1000
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks for the information. I live in south west NM. From what reading I have done. It seems like the best option is to get a glass windshield?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice ride and welcome...yes, the glass with tip out option is the deluxe way to go. Naturally, more expensive but nice. The tip out is a must in summer to get some air flowing and also handy if dusty to keep dust from swirling into buggy.

On the top, not sure which one you got or how it mounts, but take note of how it secures to the ROPs. If like mine, which is older, they used C clamps in front and U clamps everywhere else. This was due to design of top, but those C clamps can bend up and turn loose while catching wind on the trailer....se real have lost their tops due to this. Just part of the game, but I secured the C clamps to ROPs using large HD tie straps to prevent this.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger crew xp1000
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice ride and welcome...yes, the glass with tip out option is the deluxe way to go. Naturally, more expensive but nice. The tip out is a must in summer to get some air flowing and also handy if dusty to keep dust from swirling into buggy.

On the top, not sure which one you got or how it mounts, but take note of how it secures to the ROPs. If like mine, which is older, they used C clamps in front and U clamps everywhere else. This was due to design of top, but those C clamps can bend up and turn loose while catching wind on the trailer....se real have lost their tops due to this. Just part of the game, but I secured the C clamps to ROPs using large HD tie straps to prevent this.
Awesome thank you for the information. We plan on getting the tip out windshield are there any other companies that make a glass windshield other than Polaris that are good?

Having a hard time picturing what your explaining would it help to put some thread locker to prevent this from happening?
This is the one we got

It blows my mind at the price for stuff haha

·
Registered
2014 Ranger Crew 800
30 Posts
@CM_9 my buggy is older so I'll defer to others on the best options for your rig. You'll definitely want ventilation where you live and there should be a lot of options for your newer style.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger crew xp1000
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@CM_9 my buggy is older so I'll defer to others on the best options for your rig. You'll definitely want ventilation where you live and there should be a lot of options for your newer style.
That works I appreciate the information.

·
Registered
89 Posts
20210102_162006.jpg

Above pic is facing up as seated in front of buggy..I have glass tip out window. The window frame is flush with roof so they only have room for C clamps as shown above. I cross cross HD zip ties around clamp and roll bar to prevent the C from bending into an I with upward force on the top while trailering...the top can catch wind. You can see the C had already bent some before I zipped tied them.

20210102_161949.jpg

Above is one of the U clamps that are midway and at rear of roof. You can see they're more secure and no need for zips as they wrap around the ROPs and bolt on both sides.
20200925_194146.jpg

Pic of my window in full opened position...I can also secure it about 6"" opened or close or up all the way.

New models like yours may be different, but take a look at how. Its secured.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger crew xp1000
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
View attachment 24486
Above pic is facing up as seated in front of buggy..I have glass tip out window. The window frame is flush with roof so they only have room for C clamps as shown above. I cross cross HD zip ties around clamp and roll bar to prevent the C from bending into an I with upward force on the top while trailering...the top can catch wind. You can see the C had already bent some before I zipped tied them.

View attachment 24487
Above is one of the U clamps that are midway and at rear of roof. You can see they're more secure and no need for zips as they wrap around the ROPs and bolt on both sides.
View attachment 24488
Pic of my window in full opened position...I can also secure it about 6"" opened or close or up all the way.

New models like yours may be different, but take a look at how. Its secured.
You can definitely see on the one picture where one of them is twisted. I’m not sure how the one I have purchased mounts. But I will know in two weeks.

I appreciate the photos that was easier to understand. I like how you can either open your windshield all the way or open it up a bit for a breeze, from google searching I haven’t been able to find one similar to yours.

also nice looking machine and thank You so much for the information.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine is a 2013 so the design of windshield is little different. I checked my roof after a friend lost his roof on the highway and discovered the issue with the front clamps. I have 4 clamps in front and 2 where twisted and bent opened some.

Your model may not have this issue, but checking it out is worthwhile as those heavy duty straps arent but a dollar each.

Also, cant tell from your pic but if you are strapping to those A Arms, I would find a spot on the frame. You may have, just cant tell from pic.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger crew xp1000
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is a 2013 so the design of windshield is little different. I checked my roof after a friend lost his roof on the highway and discovered the issue with the front clamps. I have 4 clamps in front and 2 where twisted and bent opened some.

Your model may not have this issue, but checking it out is worthwhile as those heavy duty straps arent but a dollar each.

Also, cant tell from your pic but if you are strapping to those A Arms, I would find a spot on the frame. You may have, just cant tell from pic.
Good thing your friend had the same machine so you didn’t lose yours also. I’m expecting mine to ship in the next week. I will definitely take a loook at that.

I strapped it from the middle of the frame on the front and from either side of the receiver hitch on the back. From what I was told it’s best to let the suspension still move.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts