Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

picked up a new 2020 XP 1000 this week and have a few items to see if they’re worth worrying about or not now that I’ve got about 7 hours on the machine.

1. really need to jam the shifter hard to engage high gear - harder than I think it should be, goes in all other positions fine

2. fuel gauge shows one notch below full even when tank is so full gas is coming out of fill neck

3. steering wheel is about 15 degrees off-center - vehicle tracks straight otherwise

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe there is a recall on the primary clutch, thats why it is hard to shift into gear. Its under warranty contact your dealer so they can fix it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
All the things you pointed out my ranger has the exact same issues.

1. If I'm in low I will go to N then to H. I believe gilomen lockout shim will help with that. Plan on getting it along with alot of other gilomen products

2. If you find a fix for that let me know lol

3. You can pull steering wheel of it's on splines and re center it but I just love with it

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe there is a recall on the primary clutch, thats why it is hard to shift into gear. Its under warranty contact your dealer so they can fix it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Whenever I type in my vin on Polaris no recalls pop up

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got a 20 ranger 1000 crew and 2 of three problems. On the fuel Gauge problem I read where someone said they backed their left wheel up on a 4x6 just to raise the wheel. I backed mine up on a small hill alls good. As for the shifting in to high same problem here what’s with the lockout shim

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium "Megatron"
71 Posts
I have a 2020 Ranger Crew 1000, and it does the same thing trying to go in H. I always drop from L to N, then from N to Lo to H and it goes much better. Wish I could find a fix for it. But mine does not have the fuel gauge issue or the steering wheel issue.

·
Registered
2008 500 EFI, 2020 XP 1000 Premium
3 Posts
I also have a new 2020 XP 1000 that I've had for almost three weeks, that I've ridden a good bit around the farm, I'm about 2 1/2 hours from completing the break-in period.

I had the same issue when shifting into H but it seems to have gotten smoother. Yes, it still has to be seated all the way at the top of the shifter, about 1/4" higher than where it will show H on the display but it's pretty smooth at this point. I'd be interested to hear if you think it becomes a little easier as you get a few hours/miles on it.

I've only had to fuel my machine once so far but I agree filling it as full as possible on level ground I don't get to the top fuel bar either.

No issue with my steering wheel.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium "Megatron"
71 Posts
I also have a new 2020 XP 1000 that I've had for almost three weeks, that I've ridden a good bit around the farm, I'm about 2 1/2 hours from completing the break-in period.

I had the same issue when shifting into H but it seems to have gotten smoother. Yes, it still has to be seated all the way at the top of the shifter, about 1/4" higher than where it will show H on the display but it's pretty smooth at this point. I'd be interested to hear if you think it becomes a little easier as you get a few hours/miles on it.

I've only had to fuel my machine once so far but I agree filling it all full as possible on level ground I don't get to the top fuel bar either.

No issue with my steering wheel.
I’ve got over 960 miles and over 80 hours on mine and the hard shifting to H is still an issue.

·
Registered
2008 500 EFI, 2020 XP 1000 Premium
3 Posts
I’ve got over 960 miles and over 80 hours on mine and the hard shifting to H is still an issue.
Very interesting! I'm only at ~140 miles and 22.5 hours.
I'll try and pay special attention next time I'm on it maybe I've just become accustom to it.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris Ranger 1000 EPS
3 Posts
Hi,

picked up a new 2020 XP 1000 this week and have a few items to see if they’re worth worrying about or not now that I’ve got about 7 hours on the machine.

1. really need to jam the shifter hard to engage high gear - harder than I think it should be, goes in all other positions fine

2. fuel gauge shows one notch below full even when tank is so full gas is coming out of fill neck

3. steering wheel is about 15 degrees off-center - vehicle tracks straight otherwise
I have the exact same Fuel Level issue on the Gauge (I usually mark 1-2 ticks below full and it's spilling out of the spout.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have had the same hard shift into High on my 2020 XP1000 NorthStar. Also have a steering wheel about 15-20 degrees off center. Only 5 hours on the machine so still finding out the issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
3 week old XP1000, 19 hours 500 miles.
Same issue with fuel gage. About 1 bar left with full tank. A little hard shifting into High, have to ensure it's all way up. Steering wheel off 15 degrees.

·
Registered
2019 Tanger 1000 XP
69 Posts
My 2019 has same shift to high issue installed Duraclutch and not much better along with popping out of gear if I don’t hold it until I start moving

plus if I park on a hill with pressure on transmission hard to get out of park

1 - 14 of 14 Posts