Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Proud new owner of a 2021 Ranger 1000 Premium. I'm from Canada. Primarily will use it for hunting, fishing, wood cutting and occasional cruise.

Already installed a Warn vrx 4500 using the KFI mounting plate. If anyone needs help with that drop me a message! Also have a factory Polaris roof.

Will be searching the forum for windshield (front and back) and door suggestions and reviews. Have a good one!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Making me excited to get mine in a few weeks I hope. If you're going hunting in the winter are you planning on enclosing the cab at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Making me excited to get mine in a few weeks I hope. If you're going hunting in the winter are you planning on enclosing the cab at all.
Yes I am planning on it eventually. Not sure if I want to go poly or glass for the front and back windows. Most doors are sold out and just looking to do some
More Research on canvas or plastic depending on my budget come the fall also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's my 1000 Premium.. Fortress doors plus lots of other upgrades. I am using a portable winch mount that will fit either end of the Ranger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's my 1000 Premium.. Fortress doors plus lots of other upgrades. I am using a portable winch mount that will fit either end of the Ranger. View attachment 25108
Looks good! Is there an option for the top half of the doors too? Is that the super atv front and back windshield? Thoughts on the windshield? Nice winch mount!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks good! Is there an option for the top half of the doors too? Is that the super atv front and back windshield? Thoughts on the windshield? Nice winch mount!
Fortress are great doors but only lower. The windshield is ATV and the rear is a mesh panel I like that keeps dust out but gives air flow.. the Roll Cage is from ATV also..
es, super ATV

·
Registered
463 Posts
Go glass up front.....will never scratch. Poly on the rear. I have no complaints about the polaris canvas doors. Been running them for 3 years now and have been great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go glass up front.....will never scratch. Poly on the rear. I have no complaints about the polaris canvas doors. Been running them for 3 years now and have been great.
Thanks Spaz! That's the way I have been leaning pretty well Exactly what you have described... Just concerned with trailering on my open utility trailer. Do you trailer ? If so what do you cover the glass with

·
Registered
463 Posts
It depends on how far I'm traveling. But lately have been leaving it in. It is automotive glass. A chip is more likely than it shattering. But anything could happen. If im traveling up to your neck of the bush. Have a cottage way north off hwy 11. I put the windshield in a moving blanket and it rides in the bed of the truck. Otherwise I leave it in. Its had a lot of tag alders whack the window and its been going strong since 2016. The ones that have problems are the fold up. They seem to crack at the hinges.

Consider a wiper ready window. Wish i had. Mine started out like yours. But now am all closed in with heat added last Christmas. Only thing missing is a wiper. The cheap $20 hand operated wiper is better than nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It depends on how far I'm traveling. But lately have been leaving it in. It is automotive glass. A chip is more likely than it shattering. But anything could happen. If im traveling up to your neck of the bush. Have a cottage way north off hwy 11. I put the windshield in a moving blanket and it rides in the bed of the truck. Otherwise I leave it in. Its had a lot of tag alders whack the window and its been going strong since 2016. The ones that have problems are the fold up. They seem to crack at the hinges.

Consider a wiper ready window. Wish i had. Mine started out like yours. But now am all closed in with heat added last Christmas. Only thing missing is a wiper. The cheap $20 hand operated wiper is better than nothing.
Sounds good. Thanks for the advice! I'll keep ya posted on the build. Did you add the inferno heat kit or factory?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts