Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new member - look forward to learning from you all. Just bought a new 15 Ranger 570 FS and can't wait to start playing with it. Got a Polaris OEM roof but no windshield yet. Want to be able to open it easily in summer so want a folding or easily removable one. What is the best choice?

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Polaris has 4 or more in their accessories catalog for your machine.
Others can be found at multiple sites online. Just google 2015 polaris windshilds,
etc. One thing though the new Polaris windshields will fit much better than
aftermarket.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am looking to possibly purchase a 570 as well. Why did you choose the full-size over the midsize? I am just trying to gather as much information before making the purchase.

Thanks in advance,

Discraftpro

·
Registered
70 Posts
People who buy the 570 over the 900 buy for two reasons, one they can't afford the extra money, or they think they just need all that extra power. Personally if you drive a 570 midsize I don't think you will be unhappy with the power it has, or the size of the vehicle. I'm 6'1" and 240 lbs. and my 570 crew works just fine for me, totally happy with it. My wife who is what I would call under size loves it and it doesn't have power steering either. What can I say.

John

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought the FS 570 esp and find it has plenty of power! Took it out in my back woods path and it plowed right up and down the hollows well in low gear! It really winds out at 4700 rpms at 8 mph!
I have the dealer-installed pro-fit poly windshield ($500) and find it is easy to remove and reinstall with 4 handle turns and two bolts securing it to the dash. I needed to remove it to install my Polaris rear view mirror (nice quality but expensive at $60 :().
I chose the full size because you can fit three people safely. I think it is several inches wider right at about 5' wide. The power steering is nice with the alloy wheels, nicer seats and silver paint (extra $1200).
I did notice that without a rear window, I was sucking dust and grass weed from the rear at higher speeds.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
I will be purchasing a new 2015 full size 570 mid summer, and I will outfit it
with the SX cab enclosure package. I am choosing the 570 over the 900
because I see no need for that much power, when most of my riding is below
20 mph. I also like that it gets almost 10 mpg over the Honda Pioneer in fuel
economy. I like a former poster am six foot and 220, and just find myself a little
more comfortable in the full size, and buying full or mid has nothing to do with
whether I can afford it or not. I hunt in cold and windy weather, then on to
Ice fishing in zero weather, so I will be installing a heater as well, and I believe
fits me a bit better over the mid size. The full size has a little larger battery, which
might help in colder conditions. I do like the mid size when it comes to navigating
tight terrain.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealer told me that the 2015 FS 570 has the same frame and suspension as the 900 which is beefier than the MS and is street legal for 3 if you add the turn light/horn kit. For 800 more than the 570 FS was the right way to go for me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Right now dealers in my area are selling the fullsize 570 for hundreds of dollars cheaper than the mid size 570. If you have ever driven either they are no slouch and have plenty of pep. They get darn good fuel mileage. The low range is geared super low for any type heavy pulling, climbing, or mudding you like to do. I prefer the full size with the nicer suspension, more room, and more capacity in the bed. The 900 is a beast but does love fuel and a good bit of cash more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello! I just purchased 2015 full size 570 this past weekend. While I didn't option it out, im extremely happy with it. Had a 2009 700xp briefly, the 570 blows it away. My main reason for purchasing it was due to the 3 passenger option, the price (several thousand less than the 900). It's fast as I need it to be, tops out at 50mph with no problem getting there. It's much quieter than the 700 and a lot less hot under ha! It has plenty of power to drag a sand filled arena with a drag on the back. Steering is good, I'm sure power steering is nice, but I have a brand new ranger under 10k and thanks to the online coupon I have a 18month warranty. I'm sure it lacks somewhere, but I haven't found it yet

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
My dealer told me that the 2015 FS 570 has the same frame and suspension as the 900 which is beefier than the MS and is street legal for 3 if you add the turn light/horn kit. For 800 more than the 570 FS was the right way to go for me.
HAHA my dealer told me the exact same thing, he says the only difference between the 2 is the engine. Great machines, I looked at both of them about a week ago. They had a demo 900 I test drove it, loved it, great power even with the cab you didn't notice. The 570 didn't have a cab, but it seemed to have enough power, but I figure if I get the money this year to buy one, I want to larger engine if I'm gonna be throwing $10k+ at a machine may as well spend a bit more and get some extra power. However, both machines have the same payload and towing capacity, the 570 just goes a little slower...sorry I didn't test out top speed on either machine LOL, it was too darn cold and slick, not my machines didn't want to push it too far as I'm not used to the Ranger's handling characteristics. I believe the 570 tops out around 45mph? The 900 is a bit faster if I recall.

Both are great machines though from just the little bit of driving I did. The 900 did have power steering, and was easy to steer, but really the 570 wasn't bad at all steering without power steering. The only thing the dealer said is the power steering really helps on rough trails to keep the front wheels from yanking you around as bad. Didn't drive either machine I tested on a trail though :(.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Identical platforms, suspension, can etc. Only difference is motor which equals about 12-15 mph on the top end and a little more grunt down low. It's a fantastic value IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts