Polaris Ranger Forum banner

New Ranger Ultimate

20K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  SCOTTY47 
#1 ·
I am located in Texas.I ordered a Polaris Ranger Ultimate a month ago.I went to my dealer and he pulls up this progress report from Polaris. The report has a progress line ,my line hasn’t moved in a month. Is anyone else getting this run around also.

#2 ·
Yep I ordered a northstar crew ultimate Nov 21st gave $1500 deposit. Was told 5 to 6 weeks, last check with the dealer now says April sometime. reasons given must be waiting on parts,COVID and camo takes longer. Not much can be done can’t find them anywhere.

#7 ·
It’s not that simple. If you’re in any kind of distribution business, the supply chain is awful right now. In the south ,we didn’t slow down much, but northern states all but came to a halt. Add in the fact that half the country was sitting around looking for something to do outside all last year. It’ll take a while to get caught up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
It’s not that simple. If you’re in any kind of distribution business, the supply chain is awful right now. In the south ,we didn’t slow down much, but northern states all but came to a halt. Add in the fact that half the country was sitting around looking for something to do outside all last year. It’ll take a while to get caught up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I see around here, you can not get Large Can Am SXS as well you. You see quads in the stores and that’s it. Even the Honda shop don’t have much,wonder if all the different SXS brands are having the same problem.

#12 ·
In central Wisconsin and ordered my Northstar Premium Dec 17, put $500 down. They told me March-April for delivery...I was stocked and bummed it was going to take so long! Then to my absolute surprise got a call from the dealer on Feb 7 that it was in! So about 7-1/2 weeks to get mine.

#13 ·
Should have gotten you to oder mine. Response I got from Polaris Owner Connections Case
Please Do Not Write Below This Line"

Contact Polaris
Leon,

Thanks for getting back to me! I looked into this and the system is showing an updated shipment date range of 4/15-5/27 at this time. I apologize for any convenience this delay may cause. Polaris has encountered some supply chain delays within the last year that were unfortunately out of our control. We have found that this has had an adverse effect on how quickly we can get machines out to dealerships. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Clayton, Representative, Owner Connections
2100 Highway 55 | Medina, MN 55340

www.polaris.com | 1-800-765-2747

#14 ·
there was a link someone posted in another thread that has the dealer inventory search. (just google polaris dealer inventory search). I just used that link, selected the machine i wanted and checked it every day for zip codes within 200 miles of me. after many showing in stock and calling to find out they were preordered by customers, I finally got luck on Saturday and I pick it up Monday the 14th. I contacted the dealer who I put a deposit down and they still are telling me May even though it says planned. I told him thanks for the help but I am buying another unit. He was not concerned however, as he can sell my ordered unit in 2 seconds lol.

If you do not want to wait, maybe try what I did and see if you get lucky! Just be prepared for a lot of "sorry its sold, but if you give me a deposit I will order you one in about 6 months"

#18 ·
Northstars are one of the most highly equipped machines available. If there is a blip in the supply chain for only one of those high end features they can't send them out the door. No one wants their $25,000 Ranger to come with a hole in the dash, missing glass in one door, or with only driver side headlight. Any one of those suppliers with a covid case and six people quarantined at home for ten days or a semi with a load of touch screens mired in a snow bank is going to cause a delay. It's the same for any of the special models.

Good or bad dealers can't change that. If you got one fast you were just plain lucky and hit the timing just right.

#21 ·
I was told by my dealer some divisions are going 7/24 and some others16 hours a day. The dealer also said they cancelled the release of the new 4 stroke snowmobile for 2022 because they can not shut down and retool due to the back orders of atv/utv line. Hopefully this should help..

#22 ·
I loaned my 2019 northstar to my brother in Dec and he wrecked it. Lesson learned. I the insurance was finalized early Feb and I got the replacement ordered right away with a june delivery date. My question is when will the 22's start shipping should I just tell my dealer to wait and order me next year's model if it will be here in August

#26 ·
Yes!! I emailed Polaris back in December with this exact situation. Ordered on Dec 2nd, $750 loyalty coupon expired Dec 20th. Explained in the email I was ordering and was told the machine would not come in before the expiration. I got a phone call the next day from Polaris...I missed it but was left a voicemail and called back right after work. The guy I talked to voided my old coupon and emailed me a new coupon code that was good through April 30th. Cashed it in at the end of January when we took delivery of our new machine. It took me about 15 minutes on the phone to save $750. Well worth it. On top of that rebates (I got the agvantage) can be used with the coupon I had as well.

#38 ·
I ordered mine in January of this year and was told six weeks. Still NO Ranger, each time we are told another time frame. Now possibly the END of May. We have plans and reservations to go to WI for Memorial Day weekend. Kind a thinking I need to cancel that. We sold our previous one as we were not told this could take a couple seasons to get. VERY upset. We have so many people asking WHY and we are told so many reasons. Called Polaris and they were like well it is what it is. Live in Minnesota.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.