Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lucked up on finding a 2021 Ranger 1000 Premium Camo on the lot without pre-order. I previously owned a 2015 Mule FXT, so not new to UTV’s, but this I’d my first Polaris. So far I’m loving it. Have added a set of Rigid cube spotlights up front, a Seizmik versa-fold windshield, a Polaris 6000 pro HD winch, and an EMP aluminum roof. Also grabbed a set of matching new take off wheels/tires as spares. Have a set of Rigid cube flood lights for the back on brackets attached to the upper net mounts and an EMP rear window on order. Lastly, I still want to add some sort of skid plates, half doors and a razorback cargo rack (Even though I’ll have to change the rear flood light location).

Few pictures of it new and during use since I got it last week. Will share more once I get things mounted. Look forward to visiting the forum.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

New at dealer

Tire Plant Car Wheel Vehicle

At our farm on first outing to repair a tractor tire.

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the roof, windshield and the front lights.
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Grille Automotive tire Vehicle

Anyone have feed back on the Super ATV skid plates? For the money the seem like a good option and I’m mostly looking for them to protect the bottom and floor from sticks and roots on our tree farm.

Also, between Dragonfly, Thumper, Fortress, Super ATV and factory poly half doors, which is the best option for lots of entry/exit doing work around the farm and also for the best fit, hinges, latches, etc?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry I can't help with advice on the skid plate or doors but I did want to welcome you to the forum. Your Ranger is looking good!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Buggy looks awesome 👏. I got to ask, if something happens to ya can I have that shop floor and tool box?

I also went with the cube lights, flood and spots, instead of the big light bar and happy with the decision. I also have a remote Go Light that you may take a look at. We have a lot of fun using it as it can track 360 degrees.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buggy looks awesome 👏. I got to ask, if something happens to ya can I have that shop floor and tool box?

I also went with the cube lights, flood and spots, instead of the big light bar and happy with the decision. I also have a remote Go Light that you may take a look at. We have a lot of fun using it as it can track 360 degrees.

Thanks. I’ll take a look at the Go Light.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks. I’ll take a look at the Go Light.
they are simple to install, just run a hot wire and mount it. No switches as it’s remote control, which allows anyone in the buggy to run the light. Also handy for getting the light where ya want it. They also have color lenses which I use for hog hunting.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they are simple to install, just run a hot wire and mount it. No switches as it’s remote control, which allows anyone in the buggy to run the light. Also handy for getting the light where ya want it. They also have color lenses which I use for hog hunting.
Thanks, unfortunately I don't have the height under the garage door to add anything that sticks up that high. I almost went with a Thumper or Deep South audio/light roof but again the height was going to be too close to fit under the door when I have the ranger here at home. With the rear floods installed, there is a lot of light. May end up adding another pair of the floods to fill in the front end up close but not in a huge hurry. Focused on doors at this point. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looking good I like the build same thing happened to me when I bought my 21 cup high lifter I went to go look and that one was just sitting on the lot it was destiny lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks good and I like they have tie down connect points up front as those are handy. I bet your back enjoys the smoother ride than riding the Mule, which is like riding a Mule.

Those mules are well built but they will shake some bones in rough terrain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the Polaris forum and congrats on your machine. I bought my 21 Premium last October. Mine was the first 21 to arrive in Michigan and I jumped on it. I waited almost a year to get my poly doors from Polaris. They fit like a glove.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. I ordered a set of the Thumper Fab steel doors. Looks very similar in construction style and hinge/latch quality to the Fortress door with slightly different shape at the top, but the design and style looks pretty similar. I liked the color panel options on the Thumper so you can add some detail if wanted. I ordered with the Matte Black panels but thought it may be possible to find someone to dip or wrap them in a similar camo to the OEM plastic parts on my Ranger. Will post some update pictures once I get them and install them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
they are simple to install, just run a hot wire and mount it. No switches as it’s remote control, which allows anyone in the buggy to run the light. Also handy for getting the light where ya want it. They also have color lenses which I use for hog hunting. View attachment 26045
Looks good and I like they have tie down connect points up front as those are handy. I bet your back enjoys the smoother ride than riding the Mule, which is like riding a Mule.

Those mules are well built but they will shake some bones in rough terrain.
Here is the roof, windshield and the front lights.
View attachment 26037

View attachment 26039

View attachment 26038

Anyone have feed back on the Super ATV skid plates? For the money the seem like a good option and I’m mostly looking for them to protect the bottom and floor from sticks and roots on our tree farm.

Also, between Dragonfly, Thumper, Fortress, Super ATV and factory poly half doors, which is the best option for lots of entry/exit doing work around the farm and also for the best fit, hinges, latches, etc?
Hello- I purchased the exact same Ranger earlier this year , I got it from a guy with only couple hundred miles on it . It came with a Poly 1/2 windshield . In nice weather it has been fine, however anticipate doing some snowplowing this winter and ice fishing , thinking i may regret not having a full windshield . Was thinking about the fold-down version like yours , any advice on pros and cons of full vs fold down and glass vs poly ?
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello- I purchased the exact same Ranger earlier this year , I got it from a guy with only couple hundred miles on it . It came with a Poly 1/2 windshield . In nice weather it has been fine, however anticipate doing some snowplowing this winter and ice fishing , thinking i may regret not having a full windshield . Was thinking about the fold-down version like yours , any advice on pros and cons of full vs fold down and glass vs poly ?
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys.
Can't help on the windshield. I haven't been able to take mine out since putting the windshield on. That said, I wanted to be able to fold mine down during the summer and up in the winter, but I'm in the south and don't have snow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
My rear window is still in transit but everything else installed so far including the Thumper doors, Camlocker tool box, front/rear rigid lights, winch, roof, front windshield and mirrors. Got the toolbox locally from their existing stock but am sort of wondering if the low profile version would have looked better. It would have gone further down into the bed where this one gives me 7" of space underneath it, but it may look more normal with the low profile top.

Now that I have the Thumper doors installed, I kind of wish I'd gone with the SuperATV or Factory instead. These seem super strong and solid and we will see how they hold up, but they don't seal to the opening all the way around. There is a large gap on the upper hinged side with no real way to fill it that I can see. From the pictures I can find, it looks like the Fortress doors may have the same issue but I can't say for sure. The factory and SuperATV doors look like they may seal the opening a little better. May not be a big deal for my usage, but worth noting.

Still plan to add a rear bumper with reverse lights, a set of skid plates, rear bed actuator and maybe one of the Polaris headache racks with winch. Whew!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Steering part

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts