Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Forum, Have received a ton of help in deciding on a Ranger from this Forum. Thanks

I am going to be using my ranger for a lot of hunting and it seems a little loud. Does anyone know of a good Exhaust silencer or new muffler that i could put on my ranger to reduce noise that will not void the warranty. I prefer not to replace the factory muffler if possible. I have been doing some reading on the ATV Silencer / Benz Silencer. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know of a few that have tried the Benz and said it made the Ranger heat up. The Ranger exhaust is pretty restrictive, and I believe anything you do to try to quiet it down will likely make it heat up.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I installed the Kolpin Stealth Exhaust System on my RZR shortly after I purchased the RZR. It lowers the noise level in the cab about 20 to 30 percent. Where it really lowers the noise level is after you get more than 50 feet away from the machine. Have someone else drive it away from you, it really makes a difference. The reason is the exhaust from it is pointed toward the ground and after the noise is reflected off of the ground, it goes over your head. Then all you hear is the engine noise. It does not cause my machine to heat, but I do not know about a full size ranger. I have used it two hunting seasons now and it is quieter than my wifes Polaris Sportsman 700. I leave the machines in camp when I am hunting, but when I travel to and from camp I have see numerous deer and elk and they did not get excited unless I stopped. If the one I have gets broken somehow, I will replace it.
This is the link to the one that is sold by Cabelas, it is a newer model, but it should work.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21412-cat20161&rid=&indexId=cat20161&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&parentType=index&parentId=cat20161&id=0067390

1 - 3 of 3 Posts