Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2005 4x4 Ranger in November and it had the black steel wheels with the 12x25" Carlisle tires.

Then in December I upgraded to the XP Factory Aluminum wheels with the 12x26" PXT tires.

Then in April I upgraded to the SE Factory 14" aluminum wheels with the 14x26 Kenda Bounty Hunters "Radials" .

Okay I changed wheels & tires AGAIN O0 (this is getting to be a habit :uglystupid2:)
this time it's the 14" SS112 itp wheels and terracross tires

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ok the dog perch is awesome, so are the SS's

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You cant take a step towards the Ranger without our dog jumping in it, she hates to be left behind, so she just waits in it. She sat in it while I swaped the tires in this picture you can see only one side was done so far.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Nice ride there but is it OK to call you a bit fickle about wheels and tires? I have to wonder what it is you are looking for in all these expensive changes but the newest ones do look the nicest so far.

DO you own a tire shop? :2funny:

Whats the deal with dogs and S x Ss? Mine is the same way and every time I open the shed where the RZR and lawn tractor are the dog hops right in to claim her seat. Even when I move the RZR out to get the mowing done the dog sits and watches right from her pearch all the while. I swear she would sleep in the RZR if I parked it near the back deck over night.

Gary

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just always watch craig's list for ads, and I always get really good deals and then re-sell my old wheels.
I could have nearly broke even or maybe even make a little money on all these deals, except I keep re-selling my old wheels to friends. (for example I sold the set of 12" alum to a good friend for $200. which was less than what I paid for them. I could have easily got $300 on Craigs list)

I just figured it all out, what I paid for each set, and what I sold each set for.
It all works out to go from my original black steel wheels & with 3 year old tires to these 4 Brand new wheels & tires + I kept a original front steel wheel & tire for a spare, has cost me $340
(That includes $90 for the 3 gallons of slime, 1 of which I just added into this set)

Heres a couple pics with the new tires, and my new home depot $28 Sun screen & Zip-Tie Top
(actually I have enough fabric and zip ties that I can make 2 of these)
Also by wrapping it down the back gives me sort of a back window, it's still very easy to see out O0
This Sun screen is really tough and blocks 75% of the sun light.
The mesh lets the air blow right through to, so far it seems to work fantastic !

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looking Good 8)
Wow, what a difference wheels make!

Good thing you cleared that for me. I thought your dog had died, the way he looked on the Ranger, haha
I know, dogs just love these things. My Boxer actually sleeps in it, it makes me so mad :tickedoff:
He uses it as his way to look out the back yard too!

The other day I backed in the Ranger, so now he looks like he's driving when he gets on it to look outside. All my visitors get a kick out of him :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts