Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone doing for New Years. My wife and a few friends are getting a hotel down town and enjoy the party. To much work and no fun lately is driving me crazy. Of course my wife has our new years resolutions layed out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Staying at home and hit the road to KC to pick up a new 40ft trailer for work.

·
Registered
345 Posts
We are leaving Friday and going camping/riding until Tuesday. Can't wait to try out my new winch!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Amatures night on the highways so I just picked up a $120 bottle of Tequila to stay home and sip with my bride.

Too cold for a night ride in the RZR and too much crusty snow to go far anyway.

I am big time into Vintage stereo equipment and speaker building so I have one last night I have to endure Manheim Steamroller at rock the house volume levels! :2funny:

I just got the Polaris 3500 winch for my RZR with the poly rope and like it pretty well, install was fairly simple and well though out. I added an in dash switch for in/out so I don't have to mess with the remote cord deal. Don't let your dealer convince you it is made by Warn because it is NOT. Does seem to work well though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
GRAZOR said:
Don't let your dealer convince you it is made by Warn because it is NOT. Does seem to work well though.
Who are they made by :eek:

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ALAG3 said:
We are leaving Friday and going camping/riding until Tuesday. Can't wait to try out my new winch!
Camping sounds like fun but it is too cold here. I will have to wait a few months.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wife, kids and myself have been spending the last few years at the waterparks. No driving, no worrying about other drivers, no baby sitters. It has grown to over 15 families goining us. Everyone has a great time. Bring a snack to pass and what ever you want to drink or to share.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Ranger said:
GRAZOR said:
Don't let your dealer convince you it is made by Warn because it is NOT. Does seem to work well though.
Who are they made by :eek:
I can't find that out! Some say Mile Marker but it is a Pure Polaris part and when I talked to a friend at Warn he said deffinately not Warn and probably Not Mile Marker. I was not real happy buying a winch made in China but then someone pointed out the facts and said their Warn was made there too.
I guess if it pulls me out when I need it then I ought to just shut up and get off my "Buy American" soap box when even the american stuff is made from parts made elsewhere. Polaris is an american company but I bet you can find "Made in China" on at least 100 parts on it very easily.

Supposedly, Warn would not allow Polaris dealers to do warranty repairs on the Warn winches the dealers sold.
Polaris now makes their own and sells all the parts to do the repairs. Who actually makes the winch is a closely guarded secret and I've heard alot of opinions but none based in facts! It is about $150 cheaper then a similar Warn and I doubt it is all that much less of a quality product. YMMV!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Not so funny though!

I just heard the Chinese economy is up 12% this year from last while the American dollar is at an all time low!

Also heard Hillary say if she gets elected she will bring the price of oil back down to $60 a barrell! :idiot2:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are correct, China dollar is worth a lot more. I believe I had heard the American Dollar is the lowest of all. I know we went to the Bahama's and there money is worth less over here. However when you purchase something from them it is jacked up in price and they give your change back in Bahimian Currency. I hope I spelled that right. They say to exchange it back over there cause in the us 1.00 of theirs is worth .60 here. I work for a Japanese Company, they are one of the biggest money loundring countries in the world and the U.S. lets them get by with it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yep, bad things are comming and what happened over in Pakistan today will make it all much worse!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went with the Venom 4000 and Amsteel Blue cable. I have had to use it twice and it's worked great. Paid $200 shipped to my door (minus the Amsteel cable).

Chris

·
Registered
345 Posts
I took a chance and bought a Venom....seems pretty nice, and I went with the 4000#....we just got back from the riding trip, and, of course, didn't get to try out the Venom because the ranger didn't get stuck!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts