Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my XP 700 on April 20th. The dealer coluld not give me the free winch because they were out of them & was waiting on back order to come in from Polaris. They gave me a rain check which I accepted. I contacted the dealer yesterday & they said I was not the only waiting for the free winch & Polaris had backordered the back order that had been back ordered again which is scheduled to ship from the factory May 23rd. Due to these winches being back ordered so many times & the dealer did not believe the new date I asked the dealer to give me the number to Polaris so I could crank them up. The nice young lady @ Polaris said she could not tell me anything about the "part" that was on back order. I then asked who I needed to speak to about the back order & she told me I needed to speak with my dealer. I asked her if she understood that she was not helping the situation any and she said yes & that I needed to speak to the dealer. I asked her if she understood that all she was doing was keeping my problem in a vicious circle & she said yes & the only one that could help is the dealer. I didn't know that a person can be programmed to give the same answer to a different question.

I guess I will get my winch one day...who knows. :'(

·
Registered
477 Posts
What a bummer! I have waited on parts from Polaris myself recently, so I feel for ya.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've had this problem before to.I waited on a free winch for my 4 wheeler for 2 months.They just seem to be slow when it comes to certain parts.

Heath

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
For what its worth I think I would buy a Viper and get it installed on the machine and when the Polaris one comes in just sell it new in the box on ebay.

I'd be real pissy if I had to leave my machine and walk 5 miles out of the woods because I don't have the FREE BS winch.

Gary

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hope you cut him a great deal or that he was a GOOOOOOOD Buddy! O0

Gary

Sorry, private joke that might be a NE thing only. PM me if you want the Punch line.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GRAZOR said:
For what its worth I think I would buy a Viper and get it installed on the machine and when the Polaris one comes in just sell it new in the box on ebay.

I'd be real pissy if I had to leave my machine and walk 5 miles out of the woods because I don't have the FREE BS winch.

Gary
You have my full attention! What makes the Viper the better winch? Which model? What vendor?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I don't yet know if the Vipers are any better than any of the others but so far I like mine just fine. Time will tell the story about quality.

Viper winch is one of our sponsors here and offers members a discount. They are allot less costly then either Polaris or Warn and they have the synthetic rope.

Check here; http://polarisrangerforum.com/index.php?topic=739.0

Or on the front page of our site just scroll all the way down to the Sponsor section and go check them out.

Peter is the go to guy at Moto Alliance and he always takes good care of us.

Gary

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HF said:
i would go with the 4500 lb viper max on the ranger.thats what i got and so far so good.

Heath
[/quote

I order my Viper 4500 max today w/ the green Amsteel cable. $305.04 delivered to my door.
Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts