Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new so be gentle. I am new to UTV world, recently purchased a well worn 2007 Polaris Ranger 700xp, (6400 miles) have gone thru all joints, cleaned, etc. and now am wanting High Gear to work (just clicks now), opened up transmission and have most of it apart. I see that I need an Engagement Dogx2. The Polaris parts schematic looks like I need parts from a #2 listed as subasm, Input shaft high gear..my question is what parts do I need? the schematic is somewhat hard to read. thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
I am new so be gentle. I am new to UTV world, recently purchased a well worn 2007 Polaris Ranger 700xp, (6400 miles) have gone thru all joints, cleaned, etc. and now am wanting High Gear to work (just clicks now), opened up transmission and have most of it apart. I see that I need an Engagement Dogx2. The Polaris parts schematic looks like I need parts from a #2 listed as subasm, Input shaft high gear..my question is what parts do I need? the schematic is somewhat hard to read. thanks.
PM sent........:eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply. I just went to our local Polaris dealer, he had me thinking optimistically at first, then he informed me that the transmission parts I need are discontinued. I am so discouraged right now. it appears to me that I am going to need to take the gear off with the indentations on the side and go to a machine shop and see if hey can rebuild the engagement dogs on the side, welding and machining unless someone know how to get hard to find Polaris parts?? any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
860 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts