Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
2013 Polaris Ranger EV.

Headlights are dead. Tail lights very faint. Also dash lights for headlight and AWD shifting.

AWD shift stays in (I think) 2wd). No power to aux lighter.

Tested input to the 48 to 14v dc converter and it has 48v.
Noted, in inspecting that the passenger side 12v connector to battery had broken. Repaired that but no difference.

Is there an easy way to test output from the converter. Goes to the fusebox, but I am not sure which to test.

possibly a fuse or relay?

I want to verify it is the converter before I spring for the $200 + for a new one.
Also my converter is 4 pin. Not sure I can find one that matches.

I could bring to dealer but need to pickup a trailer first.

Any suggestions appreciated for how to confirm diagnosis, and best source for replacement

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hi all,
2013 Polaris Ranger EV.

Headlights are dead. Tail lights very faint. Also dash lights for headlight and AWD shifting.

AWD shift stays in (I think) 2wd). No power to aux lighter.

Tested input to the 48 to 14v dc converter and it has 48v.
Noted, in inspecting that the passenger side 12v connector to battery had broken. Repaired that but no difference.

Is there an easy way to test output from the converter. Goes to the fusebox, but I am not sure which to test.

possibly a fuse or relay?

I want to verify it is the converter before I spring for the $200 + for a new one.
Also my converter is 4 pin. Not sure I can find one that matches.

I could bring to dealer but need to pickup a trailer first.

Any suggestions appreciated for how to confirm diagnosis, and best source for replacement
Measure the 14 volt output on the yellow wire.

My converter was bad so I unplugged the 4 pin connector and used a 12 volt battery to verify everything else was working. Read it here: https://www.rangerforums.net/forum/polaris-ranger-ev/34721-ordered-voltronix-usa-160ah-lithium-ion-kit-2.html#post174578

·
Registered
491 Posts
the three screw connector on drivers side under the hood, Top is live from dc to dc, centre is neutral lower is 12 from pack bleeds.
I have used Dc to DC genuine sevcon 4 connector units, as well as new alternative 5 connector. I will see what shipping to the USA would cost.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I bought mine from Flight Systems Industrial Products. Exact replacement. 242.00

1 - 5 of 5 Posts