Polaris Ranger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
A word of caution may be in order. Some of the people I have hunted with, when talking about some of my hunting spots, have said they will never shoot one there again. Sometimes they will say it four or five times. When we are packing the meat out, I wait until the last trip before I ask them are we having fun yet. Some times, years later people will say do you remember.... then end the story with a “I'll never shoot one there again". Usually if other people are listening to the story, one of then will remember the 6x6 or 7x7 bull elk they got on opening day while driving in to go hunting. They always get the elk on the up hill side of the road and after field dressing it, roll it downhill into the back of their pickup. The rack is always so big that they have to turn the head side ways to get it in the bed of the pickup. They usually get back home before noon. This shows that a good time can be had by all. I guess the statement “no pain, no gain”, is not true all of the time. I wouldn't know. Not from my limited experience any way.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well i've said that before on some of the deer hunts i've been on and i'm still going.I'l probly say the same thing too but thats not going to stop me from going back.Huntin is a passion of mine and i dont no what i would do without it.

Heath

·
Registered
563 Posts
I told my wife years ago that hunting and fishing were my hobbies. She says noooo, fishing was my hobby, but hunting was my religion.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Cathead77, A long time ago I used to work with a guy that did pick'n and grin'n on the weekends. I don"t know whether it was his religion or his hobby, and whether he practised faithfully or for the fun of it, but I do know that a good time was had by all.!!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts