Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Northstar and have not been able to remove the doors. It appears that they will slide up and off the hinge pins with the rubber strap unhooked but I have not been able to make it work. Is there some trick I am missing ? Thanks, Blw

·
Super Moderator
2,273 Posts
One hinge slides into the door from the bottom and the other slides down from the top so you can't just lift the doors off . You will have to unbolt one of the hinges from the body first.

·
Super Moderator
2,273 Posts
Well, neither one of us can remember if it was a front or rear. I think it was the rear, to access the latch or hinges for the front door since that is the one that is hard to close. Maybe I will remember later on.

·
Super Moderator
2,273 Posts
According to parts fiche all the hinges on the crew use a bolt as a hinge pin, so all the doors are captive.
On the short cab it shows them to use a regular welded in hinge pin just like you said so it looks like they should lift right off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
19 Crew

My 2019 Northstar crew the back doors lift straight up. The front doors have one bolt and then lift straight up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What I have noticed is that once you remove them, apply grease to the pins, otherwise the mud and debris dry up the pins and make it very difficult to slide out of the hinge base. You can use a floor jack under the opened door, to hold door steady with a little upward pressure, apply grease and work it out with some muscle. Keep note that this should be part of your maintenance, so keep them hinges lubed after every cleaning if you like to ride with the doors off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts