Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Polaris Ranger 900 XP, when putting it into Reverse it seldom takes right away.....feels like its in between gears or in neutral or something. Sometimes I put it in and I can hear a slight gear grind and then it goes in but is never consist. Its been like this since new, never had an issue with it and I change my own oil so Ive never had the Polaris shop look at it. Is there any type of Linkage adjustment for this?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Get yourself the gated shifter kit. It gets rid of all the fumbling of trying to find the gears and is a great help when plowing snow when you are going from low to reverse. it costs about $100 and takes a couple of hours to fit.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sounds like the gated shifter was a stab at fixing the detent issue.

I had to laugh...

"Sometimes I put it in and I can hear a slight gear grind and then it goes in but is never consist. Its been like this since new..." Yeah. Me too. 39 years now. But that's probably for another forum.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds like the gated shifter was a stab at fixing the detent issue.

I had to laugh...

"Sometimes I put it in and I can hear a slight gear grind and then it goes in but is never consist. Its been like this since new..." Yeah. Me too. 39 years now. But that's probably for another forum.
Naa thats BS My 2015 XP900 was always hit or miss when trying to find low or reverse. The gated shifter kit totally fixed it. No more fiddling with the shifer, just slam it from low to reverse and back and never miss.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Poached from an other site. Part number for new style detent star is 3235982

UpNorth2 have you tried this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
No a friend did have it installed in his 2016 says it makes it work like it should. I did work the shift lever it is very positive it does require a little more force to change gears. I plan to install in mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No a friend did have it installed in his 2016 says it makes it work like it should. I did work the shift lever it is very positive it does require a little more force to change gears. I plan to install in mine.

Thanks for the reply. I ordered the part and am going to do the install myself. Going by the service manual It looks pretty straight forward to get into it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Take some pics and post 'em!

The roller arm: Is there a way you can just move it out of the way (lock it back with a tool) and pull the star off and replace it without having to remove the roller arm and its spring?

Also probably a great idea to grease this item and the roller arm up and maybe lube it every year or so.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Roller spring

I believe that the roller arm has to be removed. I think I will run a piece of dental floss those the spring when I do mine that way it might not fly across the shop.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Be careful with that spring under the arm when removing the parts it will go flying.

Thanks for the heads up! Still waiting for the part but I will update when I get it installed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts