Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm located on the northeastern corner of NY on the Quebec and VT borders. There is no leagle ATV or Buggy (Side X Sides) riding in Clinton County. For ATV we go mostly into Quebec for trails and to Franklin County where a lot of the roads are legael riding. At this time Quebec does not allow buggys on the ATV trails, so for buggy riding we head west to Franklin County and a few times during the Summer we go to Tug-Hill out near Watertown. On April 12th the Sno-Pals snowmobile club will hold their 5th annual "Snirt Run" ATV ride in Tug-Hill.
The "Buggy Bunch" plans on going to the SNIRT

Snirt = Snow + Dirt

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I've been told that most of the trails at and around Tug Hill are just secondary roads and not much of a challenge.

Others have said there are very few real off road trails to ride because it is all in the Adirondac park.

Any info sure would be appreciated about the area.

Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, mostly dirt roads and DEC fire trails. I hear there are some trail up there but I don't have any info on them. For info on T-H the best place I found to get it is on Nyriders.com. Hope I'm not breaking any rules putting that on here. Not much of a challenge, but at least a place to get some seat time and a bit of camping to boot. Here in Clinton County there is NO place to ride without getting into trouble. VERY ANTI ATV here.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks Krabid and I don't see any rule violations by posting local area sites.

The idea is to not post web sites of NON Sponsors who sell items that our paying sponsors also sell.

Our goal is to keep all of our sponsors and provide them a direct link to our members and for our members to have a direct link to them.

I will tell you for sure you probably won't find better deals then the ones offered thru our sponsors so it is very wise to contact any of them first if there is something you want or need.

If you find some great gear that we might be interested in and our sponsors don't have it then feel free to post the link and Josh will invite them to become a sponsor here.

I'm also pretty sure if you find something cheaper elsewhere that our sponsors will work with you so it never hurts to ask.

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts