Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I raised the bed up to dump some fire wood out. The aluminum bracket of the shock for the bed broke... Not a major ordeal. However, when I turned it back on after this took place, the EPS light and check engine light were on on the odometer.
I drive it back up to the shop to park it. It acts like it is missing as I drive up the hill, and the EPS is not working.

Any thoughts?

It's not even at the 200 mile mark and is under warranty, so I'm not too aggravated, other than towing the thing to the dealership. However, it's brand new basically and that is a strike against Polaris in my book.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check the code by going through the menu. It’ll tell you the code. You didn’t happen to have it shut off with the key on did you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
My guess is the cargo box damper broke at the bottom, and when you closed it the damper has gone down further than it's meant to go, and broke the speedo sensor off the gearbox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the code by going through the menu. It’ll tell you the code. You didn’t happen to have it shut off with the key on did you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It did not and has it shut off on me. Starts fine, runs great until I tried to accelerate up the hill to park it, then it felt like a miss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check the speedo sensor. Hopefullyl that is all it is. I just dont understand why the EPS light is on and not working with that issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,273 Posts
The EPS not working is one reason we are guiding you in that direction. The EPS and the speed talk to each other in the computer and when they are out of the correct parameters the EPS shuts off. The missing you refer to could be the safe mode speed limiter kicking in because the speed input doesn't match what the computer expects to see with the throttle and gear inputs.
But it could also be something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts