Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the Odyssey batteries. I read so much about the inferior stock battery, I was thinking about replacing it before I had a problem. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I don't know about Odyssey and hopefully someone can help with that. I plan on putting in a full size battery like optima for when I need to winch or run all lights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Odyssey comes highly recomende by the manufacture of my aux battery kit for my 2006 XP. I am running dual Odyssey's with good success for about a year.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I just installed a winch and worry about the battery. Where is your secondary battery located?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Right behind the gas tank up under te bed.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it a kit or did you fabricate something yourself?

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is a kit I bought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Odyssey batteries are good, but if you are the least bit handy at a bit of fabricating make a different battery holder for an Optima Redtop. The Optima is far superior and will handle lights, winch, and everything you throw at it. They last for years, I have one that is 9 years old and still going strong!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RCW, I am pretty handy around the shop, and like your idea of just replacing the original battery. Do you have pictures you could post of how you did yours?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bigdog800efi said:
With the price of the large Odyssey batteries you could easily up grade to a truck battery.
That's what I'm going to do, just get a big Die Hard and mount it where the stock battery is.

·
Registered
452 Posts
RCW,you think it would be better to replace the factory battery with a optima or just add another battery with the factory and have 2?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here's how my Optima looks in my Ranger. I got rid of the stock battery.
In case someone is interested in building one. I don't know much about it 'cause I had a shop do it.

Here you can see how they had to trim a little off the hood and battery to make it fit.

The problem is that my battery warning still keeps flashing when I turn on all my lights. Others can run the same lights w/ the stock battery. What's wrong w/ mine??
Also, can someone tell me where the headlight fuse is? My HID kit said to change my fuse from the stock 15 to a 20. But I can't tell which one :-\

·
Registered
46 Posts
In response to CAGLE's question, I added a NAPA Lawn & Garden Tractor battery to my RZR. It's not a full sized battery but a very definite increase in overall battery capacity. I mounted it in the storage compartment under the drivers seat. It fills that compartment and eliminates any storage there, but fits snugly and adds a lot of overall battery capacity. I use my RZR for farm spraying w/an RV water pump and it holds up very well all day. I wired it directly to the original battery, the charging circuit seems to keep both batteries well charged. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
other is that me? LOVE THE HIDS.

EVERTHINGOFFROAD.COM HAS A HOLDER THAT IS FOR 2 BATTERY IT IS UNDER THE HOOD FOR 550$$$ EVERTHING YOU NEED I THINK I WILL GET THIS ONE

·
Registered
185 Posts
THIS IS FOR THE RANGER XP

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
119 Posts
wheelywelch said:
other is that me? LOVE THE HIDS.

EVERTHINGOFFROAD.COM HAS A HOLDER THAT IS FOR 2 BATTERY IT IS UNDER THE HOOD FOR 550$$$ EVERTHING YOU NEED I THINK I WILL GET THIS ONE
well, you would be one of the others, haha
I've been told it could be my voltage regulator. How do you check that??

$550 is too much for me (that would be my wife :-[) She's still complaining about how much I paid for that Optima bracket :tickedoff:

·
Registered
185 Posts
CALL ME FAMILY GUY

DID YOU LOOK AT THE BATTERIES FOR YOUR WIRE WHIP.

OR LOOK AT THE WIRE @THE WHIP

LET ME KNOW WHAT IS UP WITH YOUR FLAG

1 - 20 of 31 Posts