Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting very close to having a 4000 acre off road area in Wi. It will be opened to trucks,UTVs, ATVs and motorcycles. Some very large land owners are on the verge of opening a private riding area. Last I heard was they were looking at a June 1ST opening date. When I here a date I will post and the location.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sure hope it comes through, I grew up in Holcombe, and wold love to hear some good news from all my off roading Uncles for a change..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That sounds great but I sure wish there was a way to stop these rediculous Law Suits.

We had an old railroad bed here that led to a defunct sand pit. As a kid I spent just about every waking minute riding my dirt bike and having a blast. The landowner never hasseled us and only asked that we not leave our trash around.

A few years back some fool flipped his quad and got hurt. The landowner got slapped with a law suit and now the entire place is closed. His insurance company demanded that he fence and post every access point and he had to run expensive adds in the two local newspapers making it very clear that trespassers will be prosecuted.

I have spoken with the land owner many times and he is very sad that he can't allow us to enjoy this place but if he has another law suit he would end up loosing both his insurance and the property.

Just my personal opinion here but if I saw a Lawyer on the trail I am sure I would use him for traction!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grand opening June 1st but the area will be open within a few weeks. Mole Lake Indiain Nation. Camp grounds will be ready for June.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts