Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered it on April 9 dealer said 3 weeks it’ll be in. There aren’t many around. Plus I wanted a brand new one. There are a few 19’s sitting in dealers yards but they would use the chain in the tranny for reverse. Doesn’t interest me.
Coming form many years of Polaris
I currently have a 16 turbo and a 13 rzr 570.
looked at the defenders but wasn’t overly impressed.
I have a few questions about my unit

1. How is the heat? My uncle has a 18 defender and the heat is awful!
2. is there a module to correct the speedometer? I will be installing tracks on it in the fall.
3. How is the A/C in them? Does it pull a lot of power?
4. What are you guys running for tracks? I want d St nothing good. Cost isn’t a issue.
waiting for Rockford Fosgate to design a stage 4 system for it. I have one in my turbo and it is Awsome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heat works great. Performance wise, I can't even tell when the AC is on. Be forewarned, the take off them is not as smooth as a rzr. There is noticeable "clunk" when you engage them from a stop or a rolling stop.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heat works great. Performance wise, I can't even tell when the AC is on. Be forewarned, the take off them is not as smooth as a rzr. There is noticeable "clunk" when you engage them from a stop or a rolling stop.
Thank you so much. Great to hear the Hvac system is up to the task. The Polaris clunk is still there. That doesn’t scare me.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply. I’ve ordered a northstar as well. Considering a 3 inch lift, pros/cons?
The 2.5” lift at full droop axles bind. I have a set of rhino 2.0 to go in. Maybe this weekend. ½ inch is so little. Marshal motoart makes a 2.5 so I thought I’d try it. Seems very good so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
what size tires are those? let me know how that windshield holds up, my dealer said they had problems with them cracking on opening. but I want it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts