Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Ranger 570 eps is approaching one year and will soon need gear oil changes.

Question 1- What is the best process to add the oils into the gear box as they appear to be vertical..use a pump or will a funnel work?

Question 2-the owners manual shows two products needed..AGL for the rear gearbox and Demand drive fluid for the front. However, the ORV kit gives you three; 1 1/2 quarts of AGL; 1 quart of Angle Drive fluid; and 1 pint of Demand drive fluid? I'm embarrassed::confused:: to say where do these three different fluids go?

Question 3 - What size hex is used to remove these plugs?

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe the hex is an 8mm maybe 6 but definitely one of the two. The 570 only uses the AGL and the demand drive fluids as it has a rear transaxle. The ORV kit that you are looking at is probably for an older machine that had a seperate rear diff and tranny.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey the hex driver came with the machine when purchased new. I say this because I went out of my way to find and purchase a couple different driver only to realize later on that one came with the machine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The best thing to use us a oil bottle pump. Buy it from local auto part store. I bought two of them one for Trans and one for diff. They are about $9 and no mess.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Midsize 570 front and trans, do you fill until it's full and coming out? Or is there so many oz's required? Basically do I have to measure? Lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
I fill till it starts reaching the full plug threading. It's hard to tell on the front but the rear is easy to fill.

If you happen to overfill, it will just come out the vent tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a translucent graduated utility syringe pump that holds 1/4 of a quart fluid. It had a clear tube on the bottom and is great for getting oil to the tranny and front diff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts