Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was at the cheap station also. This was at a 76, and at the Shell station, diesel was $4.599!
[move] :knuppel2:[/move]

·
Registered
269 Posts
cathead77 said:
What in the world are we gonna do?
We need to drill in Alaska and in the gulf off of FL., cancel the law suits the greenies have on the refineries so more could be built. :tickedoff:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gper is right. The only way to bring down the price is to get the market fully involved. I don't believe in wasting resources,but conservation is not an energy policy. We cannot increase supply by lessening our demand, especially if we want our economy to grow. We must drill everywhere we can find sources of energy. We have not built any new refineries in nearly 30 years. That has got to change if we are going to increase our supply.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I worked on the north slope of Alaska for almost a decade. Every well that was dry, they sealed it up. They said all they hit on the dry wells was natural gas. They say there is enough natural gas on the slope to run the United States for two hundred years. They won't build a natural gas pipeline though, That would reduce the demand for oil and they still have oil to sell. Who is "they" you might ask, but that is a secret, they hold secret meeting each year to lay out their development strategies. Dick Cheney knows who and when, though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
diesel hit 4.99.9 here today! :tickedoff:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Heath. I just wish more of us would get as mad at the failings of our government as we do the oil companies. Big government is a much larger problem than the oil companies. I heard the other day that for every gallon of gas sold the oil companies average 7.5 to 8 cents profit, while state and federal taxes combined are usually over 40 cents. If the 7.5 cents to 8 cents profit is accurate that puts the oil companies within the average that other large companies make. While the government does nothing to provide us with fuel. They don't drill for it, or refine it, or transport it to our gas stations, and yet they make more off of it than the oil companies do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's the question. I would like to say let's call, email, write, and when we can talk to our elected representatives in person. But they all seem to be drinking the same kool-aid. From the President on down talking about oil and other sources of energy as an addiction. It's not an addiction, it is what God gave us to use. I'm thinking that calling, writing, emailing, and talking to our representatives is our only option, though. Think about last year when they tried to force amnesty on us of millions of illegal aliens, how so many Americans stood up and voiced their opposition. Washington has never been so overwhelmed with call and letters. What was going to be a slam dunk for amnesty got shoved back down their throats. If as many Americans as fought against amnesty would demand of their officials to support and vote for going after our own energy sources oil,and coal maybe we could have similar results. We would also have to demand new refineries to handle the increased supplies. We should have done these things years ago. So even if all these things happen it will take several year for us to dig ourselves out of this hole. I'm hoping that someone out there a lot smarter than me (which would not take much) can come up with plans to make these solutions happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts