Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Over heating issue

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  CCRay 
#1 ·
I have a 2019 Ranger 900XP that keeps getting extremely hot and going into limp mode. I checked the air filter, clean. I checked the radiator to see if it was muddy, clean. I checked the coolant level, regular. So if someone could give me some advice on what to do from here. It only has 335 miles.

#2 ·
I’ve a 2014 ranger 900xp and have had that happen. I was driving g with the wind on a warm day, turned to face the wind, cooled right down. There are these things you can get that are plug-n-play into the wiring somewhere (I’m sure instructions are included that give better instructions) that will start your rad fan at a cooler temperature than the stock programmed temperature setting.

#5 ·
Might be your fan. But that only comes into play at low speeds. What is the temp at high speed? Too new for major MX but, I have to ask:

Was a hose swapped or coolant replaced? Has anyone burped the cooling system? There is a bleed valve on the top of the coolant inlet on top of the engine. Just open it and let it dribble for a few seconds when warm and any bubbles should be gone. Failure to do so will produce the exact result.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.