Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experimented with oversized tires on their 500? I would like to gain a little ground clearance and improve traction. Not looking to go crazy, just something bigger/better than factory tires. Rather use stock wheels (kinda like black steel factory wheels over flashy aftermarket.). How big can I go without installing a lift? Anyone running off-road radial tires?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 Midsize 500. I went to 26x9x12 upfront and 26x11x12 rear. OEM rims. Needed 1 inch spacer in front only. Got the Carlisle Versa Trail ATRs. 6 ply radial. Absolutely love them. Most riding is trail and rock in Southern Arizona. Not the best in sand (soft river bed) but that’s OK with me. Few times on pavement and a big improvement there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wanted some additional ground clearance on my 500 also. I decided to stay with stock tires because my trailer barely fits my Ranger on it. I have about 2-3" of extra clearance on the trailer on each side. To get the clearance I wanted, I bought the lift from Marshall Motoart. This guy has GREAT service....will text you on a Sunday and answer questions. Not the cheapest option for the type of lift that it is, but still recommend.

·
Vendor
305 Posts
You can easily run up to a 26" with no rubbing with our forward high clearance arms. Maybe bigger if you're ok with a little rubbing in extreme full turn and full compression situations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted some additional ground clearance on my 500 also. I decided to stay with stock tires because my trailer barely fits my Ranger on it. I have about 2-3" of extra clearance on the trailer on each side. To get the clearance I wanted, I bought the lift from Marshall Motoart. This guy has GREAT service....will text you on a Sunday and answer questions. Not the cheapest option for the type of lift that it is, but still recommend.
Thanks for the great advice on the Marshall Motoart lift! It was easy to install and gave me a much better stance. I’m still toying with the idea of larger tires, but i’m gonna run the factory tires for now. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts