Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SP 570 Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new to the forum. I have on order an SP 570 Premium with an estimated delivery range of early February to late March. In anticipation of taking possession, I’d like to secure the necessary parts to install a Badlands 3500# winch. This will be my first Ranger (and winch install) but I’ve owned Polaris atvs since 2005. The Premium comes with a pulse bar so that will aid in the wiring. In addition to the winch, what other parts will I need? I’m assuming a mounting plate and wiring harness at minimum. Also any advice where to purchase parts?

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 2018 570MS Polarid that I have installed a 3500lb Badlands Winch on it, I shopped around and found it was the best bang for the buck for me. I bought the one with 1/4 size cable ,wireless remote control and a winch plate for it, By removing the hood it made the installation easier. I do not do any off roading. I use it a lot around the farm pulling fence and other items. Its very strong and serves my purpose dandy. I have later on wired it so it has both remote control and a switch mounted on the inside of the cab to operate. I have a snow plow and the winch works very well to raise and lower it,

·
Registered
2022 Ranger 570 SP Premium
6 Posts
JKD,
I also have a 2022 Ranger 570 SP Premium due in this week. The pulse bar kit is Polaris part # 2889185 and is back ordered until early March. I just spoke to Polaris about this as my dealer said their hands are tied..I asked them to run a nation wide locate and they found 5 kits in Georgia at a Polaris dealer. I called and spoke to the parts manager and he confirmed he had 5 kits but is not selling them to outside customers. He said he knows they are on back order. Unless you find a way to use the short ( 3 terminal pulse bar standard ) connections you might have to wait......I'm sure others have found a way. Possibly look in another thread for hints. (y)

·
Registered
2022 SP 570 Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the feedback….I honestly think I’ll be lucky to take delivery of my Ranger by the end of March so timing on the pulse bar kit may work for me. Jahey, when did you order your machine and has it left the factory? Love to hear your first impressions as I bought this machine sight unseen.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Harbor Freight makes their own mounting plate for their Badlands winches. I've got the regular Polaris 4,500lb. winch on my NorthStar, and it's fine. But I like the Badlands winches so much, that I just bought another one for my Gooseneck trailer. They're good winches. If you check Harbor Freight's website, they've had almost 700 people give feedback on them, and 99% have said that they would recommend the winch to others.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Ranger 570 SP Premium
6 Posts
Thank you both for the feedback….I honestly think I’ll be lucky to take delivery of my Ranger by the end of March so timing on the pulse bar kit may work for me. Jahey, when did you order your machine and has it left the factory? Love to hear your first impressions as I bought this machine sight unseen.
JDK,
I ordered in October also sight unseen and the order actually went in the system the first week of November-2021....Currently shows shipped from factory12/29/2021. Today 1/14/2022 and I've heard nothing but understand everything is moving way slower than normal. Lack of truck drivers is impacting many things. I am a General Sales Manager in a Mercedes-Benz Dealership and we are struggling to get parts everyday! Many things are back ordered so we all learn to practice patience!!! Ha!! I will share pics and any thoughts once it's here!! Also the Winch Kit part # 2885095 I forgot to mention earlier!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts