Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a new exhaust. As mentioned before I don't want one very loud. A nice rumble but not as loud as a sport atv. Anyone have a clue as to which one to purchase.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What decibel level do you consider loud?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Humm, I would like to have something that if other riders are behind me it does not kill their ears.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You will need an exhaust with about 88 decibel or less not to be to loud for most people. But keep in mind the quieter and smaller the outlet the less performance gain there usually is.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry I do not know of any. I think the lowest is 88 to 92 decibel.

·
Registered
507 Posts
caglezxj said:
Humm, I would like to have something that if other riders are behind me it does not kill their ears.
Just pass out ear plugs to everyone behind you :). It would cheaper :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
here's my slip on it gets the sound down below the spare and keeps it from bouncing back up at me..

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have one coming from Harold @ http://stores.ebay.com/Super-ATVs he is a board sponsor. I did not know he carried those and it's at a good price in case it is too loud I will not be out a lot. I will do a write up on the install and try to take a video of it so you can hear how loud or at least know the sound.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my exhaust and I like it. I do not see any power gains, but like the sound. It is not too loud and has a nice rumble.

This is a product of Super ATV great pricing!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have used the Pure Polaris Muffler Kit PN 2874650 on all my sportmans 400,500,700,800. Its a slip on maid for Polaris by Wihte Bothers Raceing. You can get them at ridenow.com for 159$. A bit louder and will give some tork.
I put one on my 700 Sportsman with a 800 hearder WOW what a ride.

8) cloud9

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I migh be able to tell a difference if I was all stock. But with all the mods it is hard to tell just a little gain. However the sound is great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts