Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who knew? I have had 3 RZRs, and a Yamaha YXZ. Last RZR was a turbo. I was looking at rangers after riding in my buddy’s and thought I would be disappointed in a few things, but no way! This machine is amazing! Speed didn’t let me down, AC and an enclosed cab, MONEY! I love this thing. The ride is nice, nothing like a shock therapy worked RZR, but it’s good!

I have a few questions though. How can the rear view mirror be tightened? The thing bounces around like crazy and won’t stay put. Also, I need side view mirrors. After searching the forum I can’t come up with anything that doesn’t involve drilling holes in the doors, and I don’t want to do that. Any suggestions?

Here she is.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not sure about the mirrors but if you go through water and it starts to heat up you have to shut it down and restart it. The engine cooling fan will shut off when water splashes up on it and it won’t turn back on until you restart it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not sure about the mirrors but if you go through water and it starts to heat up you have to shut it down and restart it. The engine cooling fan will shut off when water splashes up on it and it won’t turn back on until you restart it.

Is this something that only happens with the north stars? I’ve never heard of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Who knew? I have had 3 RZRs, and a Yamaha YXZ. Last RZR was a turbo. I was looking at rangers after riding in my buddy’s and thought I would be disappointed in a few things, but no way! This machine is amazing! Speed didn’t let me down, AC and an enclosed cab, MONEY! I love this thing. The ride is nice, nothing like a shock therapy worked RZR, but it’s good!

I have a few questions though. How can the rear view mirror be tightened? The thing bounces around like crazy and won’t stay put. Also, I need side view mirrors. After searching the forum I can’t come up with anything that doesn’t involve drilling holes in the doors, and I don’t want to do that. Any suggestions?

Here she is.

I just got one a couple weeks ago, I found these mirrors on Rocky Mountain that mount right to the cab bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts

Here she is.

I just got one a couple weeks ago, I found these mirrors on Rocky Mountain that mount right to the cab bolts.
It’s a little fuzzy, part# 1603560001

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yea only the northstars mine has done it several times.
Had a few questions on this since I’ve been interested in a Northstar.

Whats different about the Northstar compared to other 1000xp’s, the AC? I wonder how it handles in rain? Does it warn you its overheating when it happens so you can avoid damage?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I always leave the temp as one of the read outs on the digital dash but yes it will turn on the check engine light if it gets to hot. Your right the only thing different in the northstar is a/c and they com standard with the full cab.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Imagine if HCR made a long travel for these! I have the same machine as you with ridecommand. We love it. Can keeps most of the rain out, have a few drips, sure they could be sealed up with a little time spent. My only complaint compared to my rzr is after a longer ride my back gets sore with the straighter more rigid seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Here she is.

Update: These mirrors do not fit the Northstar cab

·
Registered
6 Posts

I found some mirrors that work well on the Northstar! They are the Seizmik Pursuits. You pop off the interior door panel and drill a hole through the outer door panel, a little scary, and bolt into the mirror from the inside using a 1.5” fender washer

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found some mirrors that work well on the Northstar! They are the Seizmik Pursuits. You pop off the interior door panel and drill a hole through the outer door panel, a little scary, and bolt into the mirror from the inside using a 1.5” fender washer
I like this style mirror. Just need the part number so I can order the exact same pair as yours. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts