Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through hundreds of threads and tried just about everything I could find with no luck. I have a 2012 800, the check engine light is on and throwing the following three codes.. (1 3597 3), (2 51 3), (0 110 3) from what I have found is all three codes lead to Voltage to High. Here is what the Ranger is doing, Starts right up and runs with no issues, but as soon as you start it the fan kicks on immediately and never turns off. The temp gauge on dash is accurate until about 180 when the thermostat opens then gauge continues to rise until it hits 221. With thermal thermo i have checked and no where on engine is getting above 190 while sitting in shop idiling. Motor is not overheating and coolant is circulating like it should. Here are the things I have replaced from reading threads on here trying to eliminate the issues.

New Thermostat
Bled Coolant Several Times
New Fan Relay
New Fan Temp Sensor
New Radiator Cap
New RM Voltage Regulator
Ran all Electrical tests on Stator from RM troubleshooting guide, Stator was good old Voltage Reg was OL on all three phases (replaced).
Cleaned and Di Greased all Connections, and grounds

I have read several other posts on here where the temp gauge just stays at 221 while riding, but when turn off and back on temp is back down where temp actually is until it starts rising then stays at 221 again with no response on if problem was solved. I am at a loss on what else to here if anyone has any other suggestions or troubleshooting tips please let me know thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have searched through hundreds of threads and tried just about everything I could find with no luck. I have a 2012 800, the check engine light is on and throwing the following three codes.. (1 3597 3), (2 51 3), (0 110 3) from what I have found is all three codes lead to Voltage to High. Here is what the Ranger is doing, Starts right up and runs with no issues, but as soon as you start it the fan kicks on immediately and never turns off. The temp gauge on dash is accurate until about 180 when the thermostat opens then gauge continues to rise until it hits 221. With thermal thermo i have checked and no where on engine is getting above 190 while sitting in shop idiling. Motor is not overheating and coolant is circulating like it should. Here are the things I have replaced from reading threads on here trying to eliminate the issues.

New Thermostat
Bled Coolant Several Times
New Fan Relay
New Fan Temp Sensor
New Radiator Cap
New RM Voltage Regulator
Ran all Electrical tests on Stator from RM troubleshooting guide, Stator was good old Voltage Reg was OL on all three phases (replaced).
Cleaned and Di Greased all Connections, and grounds

I have read several other posts on here where the temp gauge just stays at 221 while riding, but when turn off and back on temp is back down where temp actually is until it starts rising then stays at 221 again with no response on if problem was solved. I am at a loss on what else to here if anyone has any other suggestions or troubleshooting tips please let me know thanks.
Awesome, this is a piece of great information. The voltage is okay as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,877 Posts
The thermostat doesn't open for normal running until it reaches 195 degs, then the fan should come on about 205 to 215.. I believe that you do not have a problem with your Ranger other than an airlock withing your system. Many have this problem, but it is easily fixable. Raise the front end up a foot, open the radiator cap, and run your engine up to 4500 rpm and the thermostat will open cycling fluid. At this point the airlock will start to purge out your radiator cap. You will lose some fluid here but if you have 1 gal of 50/50 antifreese avail you will be able to replemish your lines. You will have to redo this several times until you can no longer get any more antifreeze in. Your machine should be clear of the airlock at this time and you should see a big difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts