Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I hate to waste money but my windshield was hazed so bad in the sun I couldn't see where I was going. I tried the headlight restore kit and a plastic scratch kit on corners of the windshield that only made it worse. I got to pondering on what a propane torch would do so I tried it. I cleaned the windshield with windex wipes and stated a sweep back and forth with the torch (like I was painting) and I am amazed on how clear it ended up. I did try some of the deep scratches but bubbled the area around it so be careful if you try this. I had mine in the direct sun light so I could see the haze and it worked great. I wished I would have taken a before and after picture. Try it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wonder if a hot air heat gun or plastic welder might work? I have a rear window that is hazed, have used the plastic welder to tepair cracked snowmobile wind screens but the repair area is frosty.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Guys I hate to waste money but my windshield was hazed so bad in the sun I couldn't see where I was going. I tried the headlight restore kit and a plastic scratch kit on corners of the windshield that only made it worse. I got to pondering on what a propane torch would do so I tried it. I cleaned the windshield with windex wipes and stated a sweep back and forth with the torch (like I was painting) and I am amazed on how clear it ended up. I did try some of the deep scratches but bubbled the area around it so be careful if you try this. I had mine in the direct sun light so I could see the haze and it worked great. I wished I would have taken a before and after picture. Try it!
Interesting... Might have to try that on my polycarbonate WS when it gets bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts