Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 2019 570 midsize and wanting to install the Item #2879973 Standard Front Brush guard. My concern is with the flip up hood. Can you raise the hood enough to check the fluids without completely removing it? Hey, even the dealer couldn't tell me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just purchased a new 2019 570 midsize and wanting to install the Item #2879973 Standard Front Brush guard. My concern is with the flip up hood. Can you raise the hood enough to check the fluids without completely removing it? Hey, even the dealer couldn't tell me.
don't know if you got an answer to your question or not but on the Polaris web site it list this for the mid size ranger so I would have to believe the hood will open. I had a similar brush guard on an older ranger with no problem. Matter of fact I’m thinking of ordering this one for my mid size 500.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I pull the 2 pins in the front where the hood latches to the body--the hood will come completely off which is a pain. You have to make sure the headlights are disconnected first. When reinstalling, the pins and wiring are hard to get back in. I am under the hood a lot just keeping an eye on things and making sure fluids are good and all is well. This is why I don't have a brush-guard on mine yet (a 2018 570 mid) as they don't make one that allows the hood to at least open enough to get to the fluids and work under there. When they do---I'll buy it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts