Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on this for a friend. No power to anything on dash. Discovered this fuse was blown, tried putting in a new one from the spares in the front and it sparked really bad and obviously blew the new one. Can someone share which fuses are what and potentially why it is blowing this fuse?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Don't know why its blowing when trying a new one but it goes to the charger. Need to replace by cutting middle 2 red wires that go to that fuse and splice in a online large spade fuse from auto supply. Usually if there is no voltage on dash such as switches, especiallylly head lights its the dc controller. check should be 48v in 14v out. also check the 12v at 3 pin buss bar by brake reservoir. if you not getting 48v to the converter it may be the relay in front of it. had a few of those lately.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Try to find at least 12awg wire, 10 is better but hard to find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for trying to help me. I have no power 48volt to the dc converter. The relay you speak about is the one in my pic that I am pointing at?? Also no power to buss bar by master cylinder. The other pic is this the two wires I put together with heavier blade fuse wire??? I have my finger on the two wires in question and where the fuse is blowing. Also I have six blinks on the controller.. not sure if all this is related or?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I will use for the two wires. Where could I find 48volt large blade fuses?? Local auto store?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Do not use small mini fuse you will duplicate the problem. Get it at auto Parts store. No that is not the Relay. Its between fuse box and converter. depending on year this is a 2011 in second pic, on part of harness running from fuse box to converter. . After 2011 it is white. it is usually held onto the Aluminum plate of the converter w a single screw. The second picture is showing only half of the relay. Check wiring to see if 48v is coming in and not going out. Brown -, Red+.The first is a updated version. It is a 156.00 part so be sure it faulty and not something else. But if you check the incoming side and it has 48 0r 52v whatever your battery pack is and nothing on opposite going to converter thats it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Working on this for a friend. No power to anything on dash. Discovered this fuse was blown, tried putting in a new one from the spares in the front and it sparked really bad and obviously blew the new one. Can someone share which fuses are what and potentially why it is blowing this fuse? View attachment 23587
View attachment 23586
Not sure which fuse is "this fuse" And don't know what year the EV is.
The missing fuse in the picture is for the DC to DC converter, depending on what year model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one doesn’t appear to have that relay?? I will keep looking. Not sure what year this one is. I posted the serial # .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure which fuse is "this fuse" And don't know what year the EV is.
The missing fuse in the picture is for the DC to DC converter, depending on what year model.
I think this could be my problem. I have no power coming in to the converter. The blown fuse arcs really bad when trying to install a new one. Could the converter being bad cause this??

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I dont think so. Its indicating a short or bare wire somewhere. Hard to say w/o actually seeing the whole pic. The charger is unplugged? look on the cross rails under the passenger seat for year. or it may be behind the seat on the cross rail. usually written in white letters. When was last time this cart ran? Have new batteries been installed and maybe connected wrong? The fuse in the middle of the flat holder underneath the contactor is connected to the charger. Depending on the year it could have more wires. send a pic of the MPC. Disconnect the MPC and see if you have any indications of the female side burnt or melted where the pins go in.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Trace the wires backwards from the converter to the fuse box under hood. There is not a relay in the harness?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think this could be my problem. I have no power coming in to the converter. The blown fuse arcs really bad when trying to install a new one. Could the converter being bad cause this??
Yes.
Unplug the converter then put in the fuse, if it blows there is a shorted wire.
If it doesn't the converter is bad.
The 2010 converter is in the charger.
The 2011 converter plug has 3 wires.
The 2012/13 converter plug has 4 wires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts