Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lets start with the dumb part of this... someone put diesel fuel into my Ranger and did not tell anyone what they had done until it had already ran some through it (tank was not empty and they added it so it mixed in). When I returned to the Ranger it was running bad, not knowing what they had done, took it to the shop. They discovered the problem and cleaned the fuel tank out and ran fresh gas and cleaned the injectors. Now to the problem it still doesn't run correctly. It backfires and is sluggish. It acts as if it has a choke on and boggs down, then it will run fine, and then sluggish. I have removed the tank and the fuel pump system. Cleaned them all and put them back in place. I have removed the fuel injector and spark plug. Cleaned the injector and replaced the plug. Runs a little better but now is backfiring. My plan is to remove the plug again, clean it and/or replace it, and then remove the fuel injector and clean and replace it again.
I have also read a lot about these tbap wires namely the 3 Pin Pressure Sensor Harness and a 3 Pin TPS Sensor Harness along with the wires and am thinking about replacing them. I am looking for anyone that has had this same issue (unlikely) and any other suggestions. Please don't advise me not to put deisal in the fuel, I have fired the employee with his head up his butt and will not let this happen again.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Ok lets start with the dumb part of this... someone put diesel fuel into my Ranger and did not tell anyone what they had done until it had already ran some through it (tank was not empty and they added it so it mixed in). When I returned to the Ranger it was running bad, not knowing what they had done, took it to the shop. They discovered the problem and cleaned the fuel tank out and ran fresh gas and cleaned the injectors. Now to the problem it still doesn't run correctly. It backfires and is sluggish. It acts as if it has a choke on and boggs down, then it will run fine, and then sluggish. I have removed the tank and the fuel pump system. Cleaned them all and put them back in place. I have removed the fuel injector and spark plug. Cleaned the injector and replaced the plug. Runs a little better but now is backfiring. My plan is to remove the plug again, clean it and/or replace it, and then remove the fuel injector and clean and replace it again.
I have also read a lot about these tbap wires namely the 3 Pin Pressure Sensor Harness and a 3 Pin TPS Sensor Harness along with the wires and am thinking about replacing them. I am looking for anyone that has had this same issue (unlikely) and any other suggestions. Please don't advise me not to put deisal in the fuel, I have fired the employee with his head up his butt and will not let this happen again.
I would check for EFI codes first. Then if no codes come up I would check FUEL PRESSURE/ clean the TMAP probe with Mapp sensor cleaner or Electronics cleaner . A lot of times if you have sensor wires chafing/broken, it will throw that code. make sure the gas tank vent is not obstructed and I would run some SEAFOAM or equivalent cleaner thru it...Make sure that plug is clean/dry and gaped properly. It looks like 500's love to foul the plug....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts