Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Ranger 800 EFI EPS and I am not sure if the differential lock and unlock works similar as it is discribed in the owner´s manual. In the manual it is discribed that the lock is activated when the swich is in the middle position and it is unlocked when the bottom of the switch is pressed. When the 4wd the 4x4 indicator is displayd in the Rider Information center and when the differential is unlocked an axle is displayed when the differential is locked nothing is displayed. Is this right?:confused:

THX DUCK

·
Registered
17 Posts
yup thats it. if you want to check it make a tight turn in the grass you will tear it when in the middle position but with the switch down in the unlock it will not damage the grass. i have found with mine you sometimes have to hit the switch then back up a few inches for it to unlock. but going from unlock to lock is no trouble.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup thats it. if you want to check it make a tight turn in the grass you will tear it when in the middle position but with the switch down in the unlock it will not damage the grass. i have found with mine you sometimes have to hit the switch then back up a few inches for it to unlock. but going from unlock to lock is no trouble.
Thank you i will try it this evening.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a similar issue (I have the same exact machine) where the differential would stay locked in turf mode (switch all the way down). I just figured out that the cord wasn't plugged into the solenoid on the top right side of the differential from the factory. The solenoid looks like a small black oil filter. I would check this out on your machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tested it last evening on grass. In the bottom position of the switch the differential lock is unlocked and in the middle (2WD) it is locked. Like it is discribed in the manual. :)

Thx to all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts