Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ranger 800 Full Size. I drained the Diff oil from underneath in Skid Plate. I read it should take 41 oz AGL oil but I have pumped 2 quarts in the rear fill hole by the hitch and its still not coming back out that hole. I would have thought it would seep out the bottom of the fill hole if it was full. Thoughts? And thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a manual to mine. Which side axle? I was looking at a picture on line that showed an fill hole on passengers side but mine does not have that there. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,373 Posts
Passenger side.
The drain is also on the passenger side, not underneath.
The drain for the 900 is accessible from underneath.
Does it have the raised spot on the case that didn't get drilled and tapped?

The 800 takes 34 oz.
The 900 takes 41oz.

Do you have an 800 or a 900?

Here is a link to a manual.
https://ranger.polaris.com/en-us/owners-manuals/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is the 800. I am confused because what I drained was under the skid plate back toward the hitch between the 2 rear wheels. It was a larger allan wrench and the plug had a magnet on it so from what I read it was for rear differential. I have looked everywhere especially on the passenger side and I dont see any other drain plugs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shouldnt say under the skid plate... there was a different shaped hole through the skid plate I had to access the plug. The hole looked like the hole for the oil plug access

·
Super Moderator
2,373 Posts
Pull up the 800 manual from the link above and match up the pictures with your transmission. It also covers the 6 wheel Ranger which kind of sounds like what you are describing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you filled to top plug that is too much
That pic out of the manual is misleading as to drain plug
I think drain plug location changed in 2012 but the manual did not
Drain on mine is on bottom not as pictured
My skid plate was a little off plus I had a jack & board blocking the drain plug
I thought I needed to drill & tap at the side location, but thanks to interweb help I found the drainplug

·
Super Moderator
2,373 Posts
I think you are right about the drain plug being on the bottom. Best I remember it was on the bottom on my '13 model 800 mid size. Seems like the hole in the skid plate didn't line up correctly either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey! Thanks a Ton! That is exactly what mine looks like except yours is much much cleaner lol!!! I will pull that side plug and let the extra run out and I should be back on the road. That plug seems pretty low in the differential to me to hold very much but I am good with it if you experts are. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya mine is definately underneath just above skid plate. Mine doesnt have the the plug that is identified in the manual picture. Strange. I was also told mine is a full size 800 which that never matches up with anything on manuals. However, when I order parts I need to order them for the 900xp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts