Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see what you guys think about how reliable Polaris is compared to other brands such as Honda, Can-am, Kawasaki, Yamaha etc. I see so many people bashing them online. Just got a Ranger. Hoping I won’t go broke buying parts for it! Lol

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
Yes you will see the bashing. Take into consideration that Polaris sells many time more sxs's than anyone else.
Probably nearly four times as many as Honda and Kawasaki and Yamaha combined. Those manufacturers generally don't have all their act together, only parts of it. Honda is catching on, Kawasaki is doing really well with the introduction of the Teryx KRX, and Yamaha basically is floundering building a product line that almost no one wants to buy plus being difficult for dealers to deal with as a supplier. And then you have Arctic Cat still presently in business but doubtful for the long run.
Can Am is doing very well. They know what the consumer wants.
Kawasaki is pretty good on toughness and reliability.
Honda and Yamaha both have had their reliability problems and Yamaha still has a growing problem with the 708 motor in the wolverine and Grizzly, so much so that they discontinued it after only three years in production.
So just take the bashing with a grain of salt.
Does Polaris have problems? Yes. But so do all the others.
I have had good luck with Polaris for almost 25 years. Not perfect for sure but good enough.
Their vehicles are the ones I like to drive and they are reasonably priced.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've owned Polaris for over 10 years, some new one used. I've had three. Normal wear is often complained about on the site. I've never had any issues, never.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with both of you. I honestly don’t think a lot of people maintain their machines properly, either. I’ve seen the way some people take care of their machines. It’s just plain out dumb!

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
As reliable as any other brand, but significantly more parts available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I just unknowingly bought a2000 ranger.half the damn parts aren't avail anymore.what good is that.no aftermarket either.total waste of money.be carefull

1 - 7 of 7 Posts